Who we are
CEnet is a highly collaborative shared services innovator in Catholic Education. We enable over 330,000 students and teachers across 780+ schools nationally to achieve and deliver a contemporary 21st Century education.
About the role
The Application Systems Analyst (ASA) is responsible for consulting with stakeholders and service providers to assist in the development and sourcing of software to fit Members’ requirements. The ASA assists CEnet with a deep knowledge of business processes and software solutions in the enterprise applications portfolio.
What you’ll be doing
You will be given the opportunity to:
- Work with our Members to create and maintain application solutions to achieve the strategic vision that defines the people, processes, tools, and technology.
- Develop technical specifications based on business requirements and oversee or project manage solution implementation.
- Design test cases / scenarios and conduct and / or facilitate application testing.
- Analyse business requirements, business workflows, customer journey and document user stories.
- Manage stakeholder expectations and ensure that the solution design meets user experience criteria.
- Complete and / or manage solution testing and report on results, ensuring quality and adherence to business requirements.
- Create user guides, documents, videos and other material as well as provide training.
- Review Member requests for service enhancements and undertakes cost evaluation and standards reviews.
- Make use of flexible work conditions including work from home.
How you fit
Ideally, we need you to have:
- Strong analytical, numeracy and problem solving skills.
- A deep understanding of business and product analysis processes, documentation of business requirements, development and testing of applications.
- An understanding of the flow of transactional data across applications in the application portfolio and the impact on security and privacy.
- An ability to understand business functionality and translate it into application requirements.
- In depth understanding of the various software development lifecycles (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, etc.)
- An understanding of modelling techniques, such as unified modelling language.
- A strong understanding of basic system engineering, object-oriented design, information risk and security guidelines, and architecture standards.
- A thorough approach to documentation of processes.
- An excellent understanding of business complexity and project interdependencies.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication, teamwork, and issue resolution.
- An ability to quickly troubleshoot problems that may arise in work products.
- Advanced skills in challenging, convincing and managing various stakeholders.
Your qualifications and experience
Ideally, you have:
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree and/or industry experience.
- ITIL Foundation Certification.
- At least 5 years in a similar role.
How to Apply
This role is only open to persons with the right to work in Australia. Click ‘Apply’ to be considered for this role.
Please include a cover letter that addresses how your past experience enables you to fulfil each of the position responsibilities.
Applications close on Friday, 3rd December at 5pm. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted in due course.
- What's the highest level of ITIL qualification you have completed?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience designing systems using Unified Modeling Language (UML)?
- How many years' experience do you have as an Applications Analyst?
- Have you worked in a role where you had to identify user needs and form product requirements?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.