If you love a fast paced and dynamic working environment, then this is the opportunity for you!
GeelongPort is seeking an IT Systems Analyst to join our newly formed IT team. The successful candidate should be able to ‘think outside the square’ to support the delivery of a very significant strategic initiative.
IT Systems Analyst
At GeelongPort one of most important values is People and Teamwork. We invest in our people to create a culture of collaboration and high performance. We will encourage our people to challenge themselves and the business to strive to exceed expectations.
With over 100 years of maritime history and experience behind us, GeelongPort is a critical enabler for the Victorian economy supporting more than 1,800 jobs and contributing to the economic and social fabric of the Geelong region.
As Victoria’s Premier bulk port, GeelongPort manages 12 million tonnes of cargo and $7 billion of trade annually with over 600 vessel visits per year. Shipping activity is linked to key agricultural trades that underpin food production, construction inputs to support Victoria’s building industry and 50 per cent of the state’s fuel needs.
Based at Corio Quay in North Geelong, we value partnering with our customers and community to deliver a safe and sustainable port that drives growth and prosperity for Geelong and the regions we connect to.
GeelongPort offers flexible working arrangement that enable you to balance your life. We trust you to perform and will support your goal for continual learning with training and career mentorship to help you flourish.
About the role
Reporting to the IT Service Delivery Manager, this role will be responsible for the delivery of IT Services to GeelongPort, its customers and partners to an agreed service level.
Success measures for this role include:
- Provide assistance to the business with administering, configuring, and documenting systems.
- Using technical business analysis techniques and methodologies to analyse and review system enhancements/change requests.
- Work with user groups to understand specific use case scenarios and help design and where necessary create enhancements.
- Log, resolve and escalate technical issues in compliance with agreed service levels and liaise with technology vendors and partners to monitor the progress of escalated issues.
- Maintain, monitor and provide advice and training to end users.
- Establishing and helping to maintain a configuration database for GeelongPort technology assets.
- Contribute to IT projects/change requests where appropriate, especially in relation to support processes, configuration of systems, data migration and testing.
About your experience
To be considered for this role, you will be Tertiary qualified in Information Technology or proven experience in IT. You will require excellent influencing and planning skills and demonstrating an ability to effectively delivery successful outcomes and communicate with stakeholders at all levels.
Other key skills and experience will include:
- 3 + years’ experience supporting technology including voice, network and business applications.
- Demonstrated experience in ITIL and or ITSM standards
- Experience in Cloud Technologies, AWS, Azure and knowledge of database fundamentals.
- Understanding and experience of applying Business Analysis techniques and methodologies.
- Strong business acumen along with highly developed organisational skills and a proven ability to multitask, prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Growth mindset.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to develop relationships, trust and rapport with a range of stakeholders at all levels.
If you have the above capabilities and experience and are looking for a rewarding career in a progressive, forward thinking organisation then this could be the role for you.
We provide a dynamic, growth focused environment where innovation is rewarded, and you can build your career.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to building a workforce that represents the diverse society in which we live and work. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work arrangements and family friendly work practices to enable and maintain a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce.
GeelongPort is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people with disability, LGBTIQ and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Applications close on 30 November 2021.
Are you ready to be part of our future?
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.