About the role
We are seeking a dedicated Chef to manage the entire food services operation at our client's aged care facility in North Turramurra, NSW
- Mondays - Fridays
- 9:00am - 5:00pm
*The successful applicant must have their 2021 Flu Shot , COVID-19 Vaccine and provide a current Federal Police Check certificate, or be willing to apply for one.*
Key attributes and responsibilities
- 2+ years' experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated and proven budget and cost management experience.
- High level of QA, WH&S, HACCP and Food Safety knowledge.
- Previous experience in the design and implementation of nutritionally adequate and appropriate menus specific to Aged Care
- An understanding of the Aged Care legislation and Accreditation standards
- Empathy towards residents, staff and clients.
- Ability to lead the kitchen team
- Produce high quality, nutritious and well presented meals in line with aged care food service guidelines.
- Be responsible for rostering and day to day supervision/management of team members.
- Menu design and implementation and computer literacy
- Excellent client liaison skills, proficient
- Have reliable transport.
Benefits and perks
The successful applicant will be offered a competitive hourly rate plus penalty loadings. You will also receive comprehensive training to perform your role in a satisfactory manner.
Staff Benefits program where you will have access to over 100+ retail discounts!
Why work with Catering Industries?
We are a family owned and operated business where our people are our backbone and it's their passion and dedication that has attributed to our substantial organic growth over the past 40 years. We emphasize a culture of service excellence, where our core values of CARE, COMMITMENT, INTEGRITY & TRUST are expected of all employees.
- How many years' experience do you have as a chef?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.