Lürssen is a global leader in designing and building ships of the highest quality for demanding customers all over the world. For more than 140 years we have earned the experience and expertise required to create vessels that meet virtually any set of individual wishes and different demands. The legendary quality of Lürssen stands for satisfied customers and ships that can be completely relied on in any situation.
Luerssen Australia is a subsidiary of Lürssen, a 4th generation family-owned German company that builds Naval Defence vessels and luxury yachts from its nine shipyards across Northern Germany.
Luerssen Australia is engaged as the prime contractor to build 12 Offshore Patrol Vessels for the Department of Defence over a 12 year period.
The successful applicants may be required to undergo the Australian Defence Force Security Clearance process, of which a minimum requirement is Australian Citizenship.
This is a maximum term opportunity until March 2023. The successful candidate will be based on site in Osborne South Australia.
- Responsible for the development & authoring of ship system (Propulsion systems) Operating Technical Documentation & Technical Equipment Manuals
- Utilise equipment vendor data and ship design information to develop OPV Technical Documentation in accordance with processes and Product Guides
- Support the validation of operating technical documentation.
- Relevant technical discipline experience in propulsion systems
- Defence maritime background in propulsion systems, shaft lines and controllable pitch propellers (MTU engines an advantage); suit Mechanical Technical Officer (Propulsion)
- Experience or strong capability in technical writing & the use of publishing applications
- Ability to read, analyse and interpret technical procedures, technical manuals, illustrated parts lists and schematics (essential).
- Demonstrated ability to contribute and work in a cross-functional team while ensuring specific responsibilities are achieved.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, with the ability to build effective and strong relationships.
- Australian citizen
- NV1 Defence Security Clearance
- An understanding of logistic support processes is highly desirable.
- Previous Navy Marine Technical sailors are encouraged to apply
To be considered for this role, please click the 'Apply for this job' link and upload your resume and a cover letter explaining why you'd be perfect for this role. You will be contacted directly if we wish to progress you to shortlisting.
For further company information please visit: www.luerssen.com.au and www.luerssen.de/en/
- Do you hold an NV1 security clearance?
- What is your annual salary expectation inclusive of super?
- How many years experience do you have in propulsion systems?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.