AVT Australia, a CACI company, is committed to the highest levels of excellence in the design, development, manufacture, and support of advanced multi-sensor imaging systems. We are passionate about providing superb products and services to our customers and empowering our employees to excel. Our world-leading camera systems operate in a range of defence and commercial applications including airborne surveillance, ground-based counter drone systems, maritime and ground vehicle systems, and many more.
Our rapidly expanding team is built around a group of industry leading talent and leadership. Engineering disciplines include Mechanical, Electronics, Software, Control Systems and AI, working together to develop our expanding range of products and systems. We combine a fundamental belief in excellence, a passion for our work and a down-to-earth, easy-going team nature to build a truly rewarding workplace experience.
Our office is located within walking distance to Queen Victoria Market and Flagstaff Station. We offer great working conditions, fun atmosphere and believe in a positive work-life balance. Simply put, we believe your job should add meaning to your life, not consume it!
About the Role
As the Sales and Customer Service Representative, you will play a significant role in continuing to advance the organisation within our industry. You will have an innate sense to thrive within a fast paced and growing environment. You will be comfortable working with customers and end-users to ensure results meet and/or exceed customer’s needs and expectations. This position will report directly to the Director of Business Development.
The Sales and Customer Service Representative will be responsible for lead generation; building and nurturing customer relationships; providing accurate information in a consultative role; and coordinating with marketing on lead generation.
The successful candidate for Sales and Customer Service Representative position will have a proven track record of performing all or most of the following responsibilities.
Outside Business Development Efforts:
- Develop revenue generating opportunities across the AVT Australia product and services catalogue. Focus on opportunity areas such as emerging UAS providers.
- Own customer relationships, to include understanding the status of customer funding, acquisition priorities/requirements, and remaining professionally engaged with the customer throughout the year (i.e. phone, in-person visits, VTC, industry days, etc.).
- Lead all customer demos and presentations to ensure success. Team members will coordinate logistical assistance with AVT Australia HQ for all range and product demo events to ensure product/personnel/facility availability.
- Be a subject matter expert on various methods of procurement for our products to our customers, to ensure the sale can be made in a timely manner, legally, and at the best value to our customers.
- Foreign travel will be required – must retain valid passport.
- Attendance at trade shows and industry events.
Inside Business Development Communication, Contracting, and Support:
- Ensure all customer and opportunity information is loaded into SalesForce (CRM) in a timely manner, accurately, and always updated.
- Provide contract and sales updates to the Director of Business Development and AVT Director of Sales.
- Develop and maintain a customer call plan specific to assigned customers. This should be developed in quarterly increments and reviewed monthly.
- Be responsible for developing and submitting professional written products (i.e., SS/RFI/RFP/RFQ responses) for their opportunities. In some instances, and upon request, additional resources will be provided from within AVT Australia and/or CACI to assist with the building of these products, but at no time would this change Sales Team member’s ownership and responsibility for the opportunity.
- Maintain sales, business development, and company contract timeline requirements.
- Creatively wargame customer and program sales strategies.
- Fluently discuss the technical specifications and capabilities of company products with customers.
- Establish expertise in export-import requirements by U.S. Department of State, U.S. Department of Commerce, and Australia Defence Export Controls (DEC), specifically in International Trade in Arms (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulation (EAR).
- Read and review competitive marketing materials for technical expertise, new ideas and your own professional development.
- Work with Marketing for optimal product and system placement within the industry.
Essential qualifications and experience:
- Demonstrable 5+ years’ experience of B2B Sales or Business Development role.
- Able to effectively communicate professionally.
- Able to work under pressure and multitask priorities.
- Able to build and manage credible and productive internal and external working relationships.
- Strong technical aptitude with the ability to understand the technical workings of the AVTA product line.
- Able to self-motivate and self-manage while working in a dynamic environment.
- Computer skills including the ability to use MS 365 suite of products.
- Superior skills in planning, organisation, implementation and analysis and reporting.
- Tech savvy with ability to drive improvements through digital transformation.
- Experience with CRM Systems Zoho or Salesforce.
- Technical or Engineering background.
- PMP Certification.
- Exposure to defence products, or aerospace industries.
- Exposure to unmanned aerial systems.
- Exciting and enthusiastic workplace.
- Strong company culture.
- Working as part of talented, highly capable, and technology focused team.
- Free On-Site Parking.
Applicants must have full, permanent work rights in Australia. Compliance with International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) is applicable to this role. Applicants must be able to obtain National Police and other related security clearances that apply to the role.
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Which of the following Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems do you have experience using?
- Do you have experience in a role which requires relationship management experience?
- How many years of B2B sales experience do you have?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.