We are a West-African gold explorer, developer and gold producer. Perseus Mining Limited is listed on both the ASX and TSX. The Perseus Group operates the Edikan Gold Mine in Ghana, the Sissingué Gold Mine and Yaouré Gold Mine in Côte d'Ivoire. Perseus Mining is currently implementing a growth strategy designed to transform the Company into a 500,000-ounce per year gold producer by 2022. The successful applicant will be required to visit and work at the Company’s operating and development sites. Perseus values and develops its people and offers dynamic career opportunities for aspiring candidates in the gold mining industry.
About the Role
The Group Metallurgist is a permanent, full-time position based in our Subiaco Head Office, the successful applicant will be required to regularly visit and work at our international operating sites in West Africa. The position will provide assistance and technical expertise to the Group Metallurgist on short, medium, and long-term activities at the operational sites. The successful applicant will work towards de-risking operational challenges, and enhancing the value of the geological operations. This role will further require cross-functional work with the engineering and other departments.
- Undertake the metallurgical component of mining operation/studies by providing technical support to the operational teams across all sites in the portfolio, enhancing skills development and succession planning;
- Lead the identification and implementation of operational improvements in the area of metallurgy;
- Develop standards and practices collegiately within the group;
- Ensure the metallurgical standards are robust, are fit for purpose and comply with reporting requirements (JORC< NI43-101);
- Assist in the development of the Business Growth strategy.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Metallurgy or Chemical Engineering, postgraduate studies desirable;
- Relevant metallurgical experience in the gold mining industry;
- Expertise in the systematic completion of technical studies;
- Experience with setting up metallurgical processes and systems to effectively manage risk on mines;
- Experience with industry standard analytical software;
- Strong practical and analytical orientation, and attention to detail;
- Inquisitive with a solution-oriented personality;
- Excellent relationship building and leadership skills, including mentoring of team members;
- High standard of personal integrity and professionalism.
We are seeking a self-starter who wants to enhance the position of our mines’ performance and company and drive continuous improvement. You will be entrusted with a broad scope and autonomy to work within the bounds of achieving what is necessary.
How to apply
If you want to work unstifled, in a values-driven organisation then please submit your resume and cover letter before 5pm on 1st December 2021 (AWST).
Perseus Mining is an equal opportunity employer who supports and builds a diverse workforce. We value our people and help them build up their skills and take their careers to the next level.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
*NO AGENCY REFERRALS WILL BE RECEIVED AT THIS TIME*
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a Project Metallurgist?
- Have you completed a qualification in science?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?
- Do you have open pit mining experience?
- How many years' experience do you have as a Mentor?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.