To apply for this role, please follow the instructions for applying outlined below, including addressing the selection criteria. Applications which do not follow these instructions or answer the selection criteria will unfortunately not be considered.
About the Role
Do you adore animals? Do you love working with people? This role will offer you the opportunity to use your exceptional people skills and combine those with your love for animals.
A typical day at GVH will see you performing many varied tasks, such as:
- Greeting clients & patients as they arrive,
- Answering phone calls, emails and attending to client requests face to face,
- Scheduling appointments and processing online appointment bookings,
- Keeping the public areas, reception and consulting rooms neat and tidy, as well as cleaning up that occasional nervous puppy mess on the floor,
- Collecting payments & handling cash, and
- Physical ability to handle and lift up to 15kgs (either animals that have to be carried, or stock items like large bags of food).
Check out our website at www.gungahlinvet.com.au to learn more about who we are and what we do.
You can expect to work a minimum of 2 days a week (minimum of 15 hours per week but could be up to 38 hours per week depending on shift availability), which includes up to every second Saturday.
To be considered for this role, your availability should meet these shift times (you must have availability for both morning and afternoon shifts).
Monday to Friday: 7:45 -15:00 or 14:00 - 19:30
Saturdays: 8:00 - 16:15
Our Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate should have:-
- Exceptional customer service skills,
- High emotional intelligence,
- Excellent time management,
- Mature and proactive approach to work and interactions with clients and colleagues,
- The ability and confidence to handle many types of animals (small and up to large dogs),
- Previous experience working in a receptionist or customer service role, (previous veterinary receptionist experience will be an advantage), and
- Willingness to make a long-term commitment to the role.
How to Apply
- Applications should be via email (not via SEEK), addressed to our Practice Manager at email@example.com, addressing the following selection criteria:
- 1. Please tell us about a time that you assisted a client during a difficult situation. Elaborate on your role, the approach used and the positive outcomes achieved.
- 2. Please tell us about a time you experienced conflict in your workplace / team. Elaborate on what the situation was, the approach taken to resolve the conflict and the positive outcome achieved.
- This role is open to anyone with unrestricted working rights for Australia.
- Due to the large volume of applications we receive for these roles, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted if successful through initial screening.
- Applications from recruitment or employment agencies are not being accepted for this position.
- Recruitment will be ongoing and the advert may be removed at any time if the successful candidate is found.
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a receptionist?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.