We are a West-African gold explorer, developer and gold producer. Perseus Mining Limited is listed on both the ASX and TSX. The Perseus Group operates the Edikan Gold Mine in Ghana, the Sissingué Gold Mine and Yaouré Gold Mine in Côte d'Ivoire. Perseus Mining is currently implementing a growth strategy designed to transform the Company into a 500,000-ounce per year gold producer by 2022. The successful applicant will be required to visit and work at the Company’s operating and development sites. Perseus values and develops its people and offers dynamic career opportunities for aspiring candidates in the gold mining industry.
About the Role:
The Project E&I Engineer is a permanent, full-time position based in our Subiaco Head Office, the successful applicant will be required to regularly visit and work at our international operating sites in West Africa. This position will provide assistance in all aspects of the Group Maintenance function with the implementation, development and systematic management of our engineering and maintenance operations. The E&I function will work in a cross-functional manner towards Perseus’s operational goals and increase mine-to-mill efficiency.
- Lead the identification and implementation of operational improvements in the area of maintenance and electrical technical integrity;
- Conduct assurance activities over electrical integrity, compliance to electrical standards and maintenance quality;
- Provide technical support and mentoring to the operational teams across all sites in the portfolio, enhancing skills development and succession planning;
- Ensure that standard processes and systems are in place to deliver satisfactory outcomes, including QA/QC and process implementation;
- Develop standards and practices collegiately within the group.
Skills and Experience:
- Formal Electrical Trade qualifications from an internationally recognised institution;
- Minimum 8 years’ experience at supervisor level in the mining or related heavy industry environment;
- Formal Project Management qualifications from an internationally recognised institution;
- Formal WHS qualifications from an internationally recognised institution;
- Formal leadership/supervisory skill development training and experience;
- Experienced in management and oversight of high-risk maintenance activities (Confined Space, Working at Heights, Electrical isolations, lock-out tag out, Lifting, Hot Works, HazChem management);
- Knowledge of LV, PLC and i-SCADA systems and programming skills;
- Inquisitive with a solution oriented personality;
- A team player and with the ability to provide technical assistance in time critical scenarios;
- Excellent relationship building and leadership skills, including mentoring of team members;
- High standard of personal integrity and professionalism.
We are seeking a self-starter who will be entrusted to lead the identification and implementation of operational improvements in the maintenance area. You will be entrusted to work both autonomously and within a team, to ensure safe implementation of effective operations.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in working with a highly committed, skilled and dynamic team, please submit your resume and covering letter before 5pm on 1st December 2021 (AWST).
Perseus Mining is an equal opportunity employer who supports and builds a diverse workforce. We value our people and help them build up their skills and take their careers to the next level.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
*NO AGENCY REFERRALS WILL BE RECEIVED AT THIS TIME*
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer?
- Have you completed a qualification in electrical engineering?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?
- Do you have open pit mining experience?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.