Liquid Interactive is one of Brisbane’s most exciting independent digital experience agencies. We are hiring an experienced and passionate Delivery Manager to meet the demands of our growing product delivery capabilities.
The purpose of the Delivery Manager is to apply knowledge and experience of digital product development into the execution of project delivery and continuous process improvement. You will report to the Director of Delivery and Analytics, and also have an experienced Delivery Lead as your mentor.
We work with clients in the education, health, and social sector, applying creative and technical expertise to produce digital products and strategic solutions that tackle complex problems.
The role will see you work in close collaboration with our multidisciplinary team including developers, designers, testers, data analysts, marketers, project managers and other external stakeholders.
Core responsibilities of the role:
- Lead the delivery function of projects, including taking accountability and responsibility for project outcomes and timelines
- Lead and run project ceremonies, tool configuration and delivery management.
- Day to day communication with the project team, prioritising work and clearing blockers.
- Owning and managing product and sprint backlogs, including keeping tickets clear and up to date.
- Preparing and delivering delivery artefacts such as risk logs, sprint plans, sprint reports, and release documentation
- Supporting the team in the analysis and creation of product requirements including technical specifications.
- Managing product releases, including mapping, and managing project interdependencies and stakeholder negotiation and collaboration with technical team members to coordinate devops and branching decisions.
- Consult with project managers and discipline leads to analyse project requirements and translate into suitable delivery systems and practices.
- Support, up-skill and empower the project management and production team on delivery systems and practices.
- Monitor the execution and effectiveness of delivery systems and practices across the organisation.
- Work with the business disciplines to find solutions to existing code, architecture, workflow and process problems.
To be successful you'll need:
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience as a Delivery Manager, Scrum Master, or similar role.
- Understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Understanding and experience in both Agile & Waterfall methodologies.
- Very good knowledge and experience using the Atlassian tools, including JQL and reporting features.
- Ability to multitask and work on more than one project/client.
- Ability to work to timelines including deadlines, milestones and check-ins.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills, specifically being able to listen, analyse and act on the needs of the development team and external stakeholders.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- An adaptable and experimentation mindset with a commitment to continuous improvement.
For bonus points:
- Proven ability to deliver government projects aligned to Digital Transformation Agency’s recommended service design and delivery process
- Experience delivering products against WCAG Accessibility standards.
- Experience in a technical role (developer or tester) in a previous life.
- Agile, Scrum, Lean or other Project Management certification
- Experience working with Sitecore
- Experience working with GovCMS or the drupal platform.
If you want to create genuine change to people's lives by delivering high quality digital experiences, please apply below with your CV and cover letter.
To express interest in this role you must have working rights to work in Australia. Only shortlisted applicants successful for an interview will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.