We are seeking an experienced and motivated Kennel Person to join our friendly team working 33.5 hr week shift, including weekends and public holidays. Must be available to work weekends and during busy school holiday periods including Easter and Christmas day. This is a permanent part time position. Shift hours are 7am to 11am or 7am to 4pm, in a rotating roster.
As an ideal applicant for this role, it is essential that you:
- Have previous Experience as a Kennel Person/vet nursing/grooming or have extensive animal handling experience (Must be a paid position)
- Have good communication skills
- Have experience in handling both dogs and cats
- Be a team-player
- Confident handling all breeds of dogs, both large and small, and understand animal body language
- Not be afraid of hard physical work and be physically fit
- Enjoy working with animals and be able to work under pressure in busy times
- Have your own reliable transport
- Be able to work on a roster
- Be reliable and punctual
- Self motivated
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that scheduled cleaning, feeding, grooming and exercise times are adhered to
- Maintaining a clean, hygienic, clutter free environment
- Transporting pets between the pet motel and clients homes when required
We offer you:
- A negotiable salary based on experience
- Great working conditions within a friendly team
- Varied work, no 2 days the same
- Opportunity to work with great animals of various breeds
- Ongoing training and support
If you feel you would fit into our team, please send your resume and cover letter explaining your suitability for this position via Seek.
Please apply online only no phone calls to the business line.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have professional dog grooming experience?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- How many years' experience do you have as a Kennel Attendant?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.