Permanent Full Time,Permanent Part Time
- Combine a high quality career & a high quality of life in the Barwon region
- Join our acute unit undergoing expansion with a new High Dependency Unit
- Job security + flexibility + opportunities tailored to your professional goals
- Located in Geelong VIC, just a 40 minute commute from the western suburbs of Melbourne
Barwon Health’s Mental Health Drug & Alcohol Services are rapidly expanding & seeking Registered Psychiatric Nurses to join our acute inpatient team.
Our Swanston Centre is currently undergoing significant development, including a new High dependency unit, to better service our community and consumers. Apply now to start building your mental health nursing career at a supportive and forward-looking service with a culture of curiosity.
About the Geelong Region
Sitting within one of Victoria’s six regional health centres, Barwon Health serves the community of Greater Geelong and beyond. Victoria’s second largest city after Melbourne!
- Enjoy a range of lifestyle choices including inner city, coastal, suburban and rural homes at affordable prices.
- High standard of schooling options throughout the area
- A stone throw from the Surf Coast and Great Ocean Road
- Appreciate beautiful parks, rivers, walks and wineries
To find out more about the Geelong region, visit our Moving to the Region page on the Barwon Health website.
About the facilities
Barwon Health Mental Health Drug & Alcohol Service is entering a new phase of co-design of our service system with people who access our services and our wider community. This will build on our nationally recognized unique cultural approach to the challenges of recovery oriented service delivery to redesign our service system.
The Swanston Centre is a 32 bed acute psychiatric admission unit providing recovery orientated care delivery for people aged 16 and over, experiencing the effects of major mental illness/distress.
Our service is internationally recognised for its innovative clinical programs and integrated models of practice that value client centeredness, holistic care, accessibility, family inclusiveness, best practice, and ongoing professional development. We are fortunate to enjoy excellent internal relationships within our wide range of clinical programs. We have developed excellent partnerships with the local community that provide for seamless integrated care for our clients.
About the role
You will provide high quality, best practice direct delivery of psychiatric treatment and care to consumers within the Swanston Centre. As part of our multidisciplinary team, you will deliver consumer focused care and provide assessment and planning to meet the needs of consumers and their family/carers.
Please note we will be contacting candidates for interview prior to closing of the advertisement.
About the culture
Swanston Centre and PARC are enthusiastic, energetic and focused teams who work cohesively together. We promote positive respectful relationships and strong working partnerships in the workplace and in the community. Our teams are focussed on providing the highest quality patient centred care.
What we offer
- Relocation package available if necessary for all suitable candidates
- Attractive salary packaging benefits!
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional development pathways, access to education and dedicated educators in the Swanston Centre
- Doorstep to the beautiful Great Ocean Road, Bellarine Peninsula and Surf Coast
Diversity and Inclusion
At Barwon Health we harness a diverse and inclusive workforce where we value each person’s uniqueness. We will embrace diverse life experiences and the perspectives of our people, whilst providing high-quality health care to all members of our community, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, religion, cultural background, disability, or sexual orientation.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries in relation to this role or your application.
This role must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and meet the requirements of the Barwon Health Immunisation Policy.
Enquiries: Elizabeth Baxendale
Ph: 03 421 52529
Applications Close: 19/12/2021
To view the position description or submit your application please click the 'Apply Now' button below.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.