We’re looking for an extraordinary General Manager to join the leadership team at Morrissey Law + Advisory (MLA). This greenfield role will be reporting directly to the board and focused on managing the day-to-day operations of MLA, implementing directions of the board, and helping build a high performing team.
Reporting directly to the board, the General Manager will be responsible for managing the operational teams across MLA. This will include:
- Managing the finance, operations, marketing, and innovation teams
- Managing team issues and performance
- Management of accounts, budgets and performance of the team and the business
- General corporate compliance, including overseeing our compliance systems
- Managing the day-to-day activities across the business
- Development and improvement of existing and new systems for MLA (including IT)
So, what is MLA?
Morrissey Law + Advisory is a growing and leading commercial and corporate law firm with its head office in Newcastle, and offices in Sydney and Port Macquarie. The heart of its business is focused on working with businesses in construction and the built environment, as well as supporting emerging businesses and start-ups.
Our passion is people and MLA is openly an employee and client-centric business. We have a team of 20+ people across the 3 offices and will be moving into a new growth phase across all 3 offices in 2022.
We offer an excellent team culture, regular team events and an award-winning mental health program, and have been recognised as one of Australia’s best boutique law firms.
What’s your background
- 5-8 years experience in management, ideally in the professional services sector
- Post graduate qualifications (ie. CPA, MBA etc…)
- Experience in managing diverse and high performing teams
- Ideally some project management and delivery experience
- Strong management accounting experience
- Experience managing teams of 20+ people
- Understanding of how to drive an innovation agenda
If you’re interested in the role, get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition to your CV, please include in your covering letter an outline of your management experience, and what you believe you can bring to the MLA team to help support the board take the business to the next level.
Morrissey Law + Advisory is committed to developing and achieving an inclusive work environment and a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- How many years of project management experience do you have?
- Have you completed a qualification in business administration?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.