Are you an accounting whiz with a passion for reporting and analytics? If so, we want to hear from you!
We are seeking a dedicated individual with experience in a similar role to join our team in Coolangatta on a full-time basis. As Accountant Assistant, you will have a can-do attitude, an aptitude with numbers and advance skills in reporting and analysis.
What’s in it for you?
- Demonstrate your advance skills working with numbers and be part of a close knit and dedicated team in a fun and supportive environment
- Flexible working arrangements with attractive salary
- The opportunity for career progression and development, and the opportunity to work across our business in other roles.
- Be part of a business that is committed to giving back to our people and the communities in which we operate, through environmental, community and wellbeing initiatives.
- Access to our employee benefits program which includes a wellbeing platform, discounted private health insurance and access to specials and discounts from over 700 retailers.
What does a typical day look like?
The role is responsible for assisting in the performance of various reporting and analysis requirements across the Jetstar (JQ) Group operations. Working closely with the Jetstar Retail Manager & Accountants and senior business stakeholders, this role will help gather and define business requirements and will have direct responsibility for the development of tasks and techniques that are used to perform business analysis.
What are your responsibilities?
- Ensure End of Month reporting deadlines are met in accordance with dnata catering and Jetstar reporting requirements
- Preparation of Profit and Loss statements for review by Finance Accountant, including (but not limited to) calculation of:
- waste by perishable item
- Product & Meal shrinkage
- crew costs
- monthly commission to be paid to Jetstar crew
- Credit card losses
- Stock reconciliation
- Prepare and analyse data through Power Bi
- Review of Balance Sheets to determine account balances with anomalies, and complete actions required addressing those anomalies
- Provide monthly variance analysis and commentary on significant variances from budget and from previous months actual
- Prepare monthly financial summary reports for Finance Manager/Accountants
- Post month end accounting journals
- Prepare BAS and NZ GST returns
- Check and post weekly payroll journals
- Perform reconciliations on required account balances
- Assist with General Ledge maintenance as required
- Perform monthly and ad hoc analysis and reporting
- Creation and implementation of new reports as required by dnata catering managers, Jetstar and stakeholders
- Assist with implementing changes in the departmental function as dictated by the business needs
- Proactively identify opportunities for continuous improvement of Finance and Reconciliation processes, and work with the dnata catering/JQ team to implement agreed changes
- Assist Jetstar team members with any problem-solving issues
- Role model dnata catering values: safety and security, performance driven, delighting customers, imagination, respect, and service excellence.
- Contribute to a safety-first environment and work within Workplace Health and Safety policies, procedures, and guidelines always.
- Have complete understanding of and adhere to dnata catering policies and procedures
- Carry out additional duties as may be reasonably requested by Senior Management/Accountants
What do you need to be successful in securing this role?
- Demonstrated success in a similar role
- Business analyst
- Formal accounting qualification
- Power BI experience
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong accounting skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to multitask and work with minimum supervision
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates strong organisational / time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse group of stakeholders in a high volume, high value environment
- Knowledge of airline catering industry would be an advantage
- Ability to think outside the box
Your prospective employer:
Part of the Emirates Group, we are highly regarded within the global aviation and meal manufacturing industries.
It is our three Australian brands – dnata catering, snapfresh and marhaba – that enables us to deliver extensive service capabilities and ensures we maintain our reputation as Australasia’s most admired catering and retail partner, specialising in inflight catering, travel retail technology and airport lounge management.
Chosen by many of the world’s top airlines for our fresh, award-winning meals and outstanding service, we operate 15 catering facilities across 9 cities, employ over 2,000 people, produce over 64 million meals and service over 246 thousand flights each year.
We know that it is our people and our communities, that make us great. Which is why we put our people first and give back to the communities in which we operate. Over the past five years, we have supported Australian food rescue organisations to create more than 1.3 million meals for those in need and have raised over $420,000.00 for the Kids with Cancer Foundation, The Smith Family, and other Australian charities.
If this role and our business overview has made you excited for what your future could hold, we want to hear from you. Please register your interest using the link below and making sure to upload your resume or outline of your work history, along with short cover letter outlining your skills, experience and why you would like to join the dnata catering family.
We welcome applications from all states!Coolangatta 4225 QLD
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.