Catering Industries Pty Ltd is a leading provider of contracted hospitality services (catering, cleaning and laundry) to Australia's health and aged care, education, government, corporate and resources sector. We currently employ over 1,500 personnel across various operations nationally
Onsite Parking Available!
Close to public Transport!
About the role
We are seeking a dedicated 2nd Chef to work alongside the Chef Manager in the food services operation at our client's aged care facility in Sydenham,VIC.
- Shift days will be discussed in the interview
- 9:00am - 5:30pm
- Weekend availability is a must
The Shift Schedule may be subject to change
*The successful applicant must provide a current Federal Police Check certificate ( or be willing to apply for one), COVID-19 Vaccination and a current Flu Shot Certificate
Key attributes and responsibilities
- Previous Management experience essential
- 2+ years' experience in a similar role. Aged care experience preferred but not essential
- Confidence in working alongside the Chef Manager and independently
- Aged care experience is highly regarded but not necessary
- Produce high quality, nutritious and well presented meals
- Excellent client liaison skills
- Previous experience in the design and implementation of nutritionally adequate and appropriate menus
Benefits and perks
The successful applicant will be offered a competitive hourly rate plus penalty loadings as per Hospitality Award. You will also receive comprehensive training to perform your role in a satisfactory manner.
Our Staff Benefits program where you will have access to over 100+ retail discounts!
Why work with Catering Industries?
We are a family owned and operated business where people are our backbone and their passion and dedication has attributed to our substantial organic growth over the past 40 years. We emphasize a culture of service excellence, where our core values of CARE, COMMITMENT, INTEGRITY & TRUST are expected of all employees.
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a chef?
- How many years' experience do you have as an Aged Care Chef?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- How would you rate your English language skills?
- How many hours are you available to work per week?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.