We are a small, family run business just outside of Nerang, which offers a boutique service for dogs and cats. This is a casual position that includes working weekends, public holidays and school holidays. We are a 7 day a week business, so all staff must be flexible with shifts.
This is a Christmas holiday seasonal position for December to February with the possibility of continued employment.
Your role would include (but is not limited to):
- Cleaning guest’s accommodation and play areas to a very high standard
- Cleaning of non-animal areas and maintaining general tidiness of resort
- Supervising pets in exercise yard
- Reading guests details and noting special requirements
- Observation of pets (their coats, belongings and waste) with detailed reporting to manager
- Laundering of linen and guests’ personal belongings. Logging wash inventory.
- Rotating shifts: Monday to Sunday 5:30am – 12:30pm approximately
- Other duties may also be required including bathing and exercising of dogs.
- Hours 20 - 38 hours per week.
To apply, you will need to:
- Be physically fit and have energy to burn
- Have an amazing attention to detail
- Genuinely enjoy and have experience working with cats and dogs
- Have a good knowledge of dog and cat breeds
- Be confident and competent in handling pets (including timid, aggressive and exuberant personalities)
- Be able to work autonomously and multi task in a sometimes-pressured environment
- Be available weekends, public holidays and all school holidays
- Have a current Driver's License and own a reliable vehicle
If you are the successful candidate, you will:
- Learn quickly and take great pride in your work
- Be quick and eager to help others in your team
- Respond well to time constraints and work to a high standard at a fast pace
- Perform well without direct management, yet welcome some structure and supervision as needed
- Have a great attitude and be able to mix with different personalities
- Be available for immediate training and start
- Be happy to work 5:30am starts
Working Conditions (VERY IMPORTANT!)
This is a high animal contact position. This job is intense and physically demanding and requires repetitious scrubbing, bending and lifting. Work is performed in a pet resort setting indoors and outdoors. Possible exposure to high noise levels. May be subject to animal bites and scratches while handling animals of questionable temperament. Occasional lifting of over 20 kilos. Standing on feet for 6 or more hours a day. Exposure to wet and/or humid conditions and outside weather.
NOTE: This is no ordinary cleaning position. We are renowned for and expect an exceptional standard of hygiene and sanitation. Please understand this is not an average cleaning job in a boarding kennel, you would be a Housekeeper for guests in our Luxury Pet Resort.
If you think you could be one of the next outstanding members of our team, please forward your resume with cover letter to email@example.com ASAP.
**PLEASE NOTE: ONLY applications with a COVER LETTER will be considered.
If you have read this ad in full, please include the code word ‘Polar’ in your cover letter.
IMPORTANT: ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE CALLS OR WALK-INS
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.