A bit about the business…
With over three decades of audio-visual expertise, Elite Event Technology is one of Australia’s leading entertainment suppliers specialising in Audio, Lighting, Vision, Rigging and Staging. The Canberra-based, family owned company is a leader in event technology.
EET consistently provide audio-visual (AV) production services to a variety of industry sectors including Private and Government organisations for Conferences, Corporate Events, Gala Dinners, Concerts, Festivals, Exhibitions, Trade Shows and the Entertainment Industry Touring for the past 25+ years. We also pride ourselves on being the leading supplier in the in-house venue market in Canberra.
We currently have several position available.
- Four years or more experience as a skilled Vision, Audio and or Lighting operator
- Audio Visual tasks (pre/during/post event) with operations team members
- Supervise and direct other technicians on assigned events
- Current manual drivers licence essential
- Current WHS White Card essential
- Coordinate, set-up, run, operate and pack down of client shows, including but not limited to: concerts, tours, festivals, corporate events, trade shows, exhibits and theatrical productions, etc.
- Cross training in Audio, Lighting and Vision skills
- Loading and unloading of Audio-Visual equipment from EET Fleet
- EWP licence is desired but not essential
- MR licence is desired but not essential
- Cross Training Audio Visual skills desirable but not essential
- A ‘Can do’ attitude
Key Skills and Experience required:
- Enthusiasm and passion for Audio Visual & Lighting Technologies
- The understanding of audio visual and lighting components and how they interact
- The ability to troubleshoot complex audio-visual problems and to offer viable and suitable solutions.
- Strong Computer skills in but not limited to PPT and Keynote presentations
- An understanding of Information Technology and how it interacts with the Audio-visual field
- Experience coordinating site activities
- Experience with large roll outs, festivals and hardware logistics
- Demonstrated understanding of WHS regulations and procedures (White Card)
- Ability to work independently and achieve identified outcomes.
- Be able to collaborate with areas of the business, planning & delivering top exciting projects, events and shows.
- The ability to work under pressure and to prioritize work
- Competently fulfill the position requirements.
Successful Candidates must:
- Have a good attitude and ability to communicate effectively
- Be well presented, professional and flexible
- Have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with high profile clients
- Have a willingness to travel interstate if needed
- Taking pride in your work and general tidiness
- Open, manual driver's license
- Exceptional time management skills
- Current WHS White Card
Some of the perks and benefits...
- Large stocks of world leading equipment and technologies with ongoing constant investment.
- Family owned and ran business for over 25 years but with the capabilities to take on any job of any size.
- A supportive team of AV Technicians
- 4 weeks annual leave and the opportunity to access time-off in lieu
- Remuneration is based on skills and experience.
- Free, on-site parking in Hume
- Participation in social activities and team building events
- The potential for interstate travel
- A fun and energetic workplace with an established safety culture
- EET would also consider assistance in regards to relocation costs
And that’s just some of the perks!
Only applicants who are looking for a solid long-term position need apply.
Attractive salary package available for the right applicant. The intended annual salary for this position exceeds the live performance award and will be negotiated dependent on skills and experience.
If this sounds like you - please click ‘Apply for this job’.
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- How many years of digital production experience do you have?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How many years' experience do you have as an Audio Visual Technician?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.