Lürssen is a global leader in designing and building ships of the highest quality for demanding customers all over the world. For more than 140 years we have earned the experience and expertise required to create vessels that meet virtually any set of individual wishes and different demands. The legendary quality of Lürssen stands for satisfied customers and ships that can be completely relied on in any situation.
Luerssen Australia is a subsidiary of Lürssen, a 4th generation family-owned German company that builds Naval Defence vessels and luxury yachts from its nine shipyards across Northern Germany.
Luerssen Australia is engaged as the prime contractor to build 12 Offshore Patrol Vessels for the Department of Defence over a 12 year period.
The successful applicants may be required to undergo the Australian Defence Force Security Clearance process, of which a minimum requirement is Australian Citizenship.
We are currently seeking a Senior WHSE Advisor on a permanent basis at our Henderson site. This position supports the Luerssen Australia SEA-1180 Project Team to achieve compliance with WHSE Legislation and our Policies and Procedures.
- Provide operational support to WHSE Manager
- Provide WHSE advice to our Managers and employees
- Manage the WHSE interface with the shipyard, sub-contractors and suppliers
- Attend pre-start operational meetings (SPOD or SPOW)
- Induct and introduce new employees and sub-contractors to site
- Provide WHSE training as required
- Assist with Security duties as needed
- Report any incidents, hazards and near miss incidents using the Shipyard safety database
- Initiate investigations into any incidents
- Monitor and review shipyard and subcontractor incidents, hazards and near miss reports and investigations and ensure lessons learned are shared
- Conduct audits, reviews and Shipyard verifications
- Work Health and Safety - Diploma or higher qualification (highly desirable)
- Quality Audit Certification (essential)
- Investigation Root Cause trained
- Emergency response trainer, or WHSE training experience
- Demonstrated experience as a leader in managing industry work scopes - preferably experience working in construction projects and ideally ship building
- Experience in managing multiple activities, priorities and competing timeframes
- Attention to detail and an ability to communicate key security messages to the team
- Well developed communication and interpersonal skills
- A flexible and adaptable approach
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills, in particular within the Office suite of products
- A desire to work in an environment where your input matters and you make a difference to the Luerssen Australia people, project and company
How to Apply
To be considered for this role, please click the 'Apply for this job' link and upload your resume and a cover letter explaining why you'd be perfect for this role. You will be contacted directly if we wish to progress you to shortlisting.
For further company information please visit: www.luerssen.com.au and www.luerssen.de/en/
Luerssen Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Are you an Australian Citizen?
- Do you hold a qualification in WHSE field?
- What is your annual salary expectation inclusive of super?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.