Dog Washer and Groomer - NO EXPERIENCE NEEDED
We are a busy mobile dog washing and grooming business located in Melbourne. Your location doesnt matter! You can be located any where in Melbourne.
We are looking for someone who is eager to learn, enjoys animals and the outdoors, fast on their feet and has great enthusiasm and motivation.
There is NO EXPERIENCE needed to become a mobile dog washer and groomer, however having your open licence is essential.
This is a contractor position over a 5-6 day roster. The roll is flexible, we are happy to work with you to have a roster that works for all.
We have a great team and it is important for us to find the right person to fit in with our work family
While working with dogs sounds like a lot of fun, it is also a very demanding job physically and mentally and you must be prepared to do the unpleasant jobs, as eagerly and efficiently as the fun ones. We are looking for someone who would love to become part of our team, be able to follow instructions efficiently and who can work both with others and independently. Must be extremely quick on their feet and fast thinking, with the ability to multitask. You should have great communication skills and be honest and reliable.
YOU MUST have your open licence. As this is a mobile business, driving is a regular requirement of the job.
To be considered for this position
- Excited to work in an ever growing industry
- Open Drivers Licence
- Have an enthusiastic attitude
- Must be reliable
- Must like animals, especially dogs!
- A basic understanding of social media
- Sound computer literacy (Outlook, Word, Excel etc)
- Willingness to learn!
Tasks include but not limited to
- Driving within the local suburbs with a trailer
- Meeting and greeting clients and their dogs at their home
- Providing hydrobaths, drying, cleaning and brushing out of dogs
- Providing grooming services to dogs
- Cleaning ears, cutting nails of dogs
- Potential overnight storage of trailer
- General cleanliness tasks for the trailer and gear
- Answering inbound calls
- Accepting enquiries and booking in clients
- Accepting cash and card payments
- Photographing and stories of dogs for social media
Don't worry if you have no experience with washing and grooming dogs! We will provide all training required!
Please forward your resume including a cover letter detailing why you would be best suited for this fun and unique roll.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What is the maximum weight that you are comfortable and able to lift?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.