- Part time 34.2 hours per week (0.9 FTE)
- Maximum term position until 30 March 2024
- Fraser Coast
Who we are
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region.
About the role
The Case Worker will work across Red Cross Youth Support Service, Youth Housing and Reintegration Service, Community Wellbeing Program and any other like Programs that offer case management support to individuals and/or families experiencing vulnerabilities in Hervey Bay and Maryborough.
Contributing to enabling place-based operational goals, service agreements and work plans, you will provide direct service delivery support to individuals and/or families, empower communities to take responsibility for their futures, share with other organisations to increase collaboration and transform systems and structures to remove barriers.
The anticipated start date is mid January 2022.
What you will bring
· Degree or associate diploma qualifications in human services field with/or substantial skills, expertise and experience attained through appointments, service and study
· Significant experience of working with individuals and/or families with complex needs, including mental health, in a community services organisation or similar setting
· Demonstrated knowledge of evidence based case management strategies and principles with proven experience in delivering case management services to people ‘at risk’ of and/or experiencing vulnerabilities
· Demonstrated experience of administering Brokerage funds in the context of case management plans
· Ability to work directly with clients at risk of homelessness who have complex needs from a variety of cultural backgrounds, to achieve positive and sustainable outcomes
· Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
· Knowledge of and experience in working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people and communities
· Sound proficiency in MS Office and client databases
· A current blue card, or willingness to obtain prior to employment
· Current and valid Australian drivers license
Be part of one of the world’s largest humanitarian organisations and know that our work directly contributes to improving lives for people experiencing vulnerability
Red Cross offers generous salary packaging benefits.
For further information about this role, please refer to the position description attached below or contact Lorraine Veca on 07 3333 8711
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.