ULS Group are a leading commercial landscaping company creating built environments for local communities. Established in 2001, ULS Group have been successfully providing services to local government, land developers, and the education sector. Our passion and methodology ensure that our projects are delivered on time and exceed our clients’ expectations while providing a great team environment and career opportunities for our employees.
About the role
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Gardener - Leading Hand to join our team in the North West based at Tullamarine. The position is a permanent full-time role reporting to the Maintenance Manager. The scope of work includes maintenance of existing parklands, streetscapes and new developments. The successful applicant will have a strong horticultural background, experienced in all aspects of tree & shrub maintenance including formative pruning and previous experience with managing a small crew.
Some key responsibilities include;
- Lead and participate the morning toolbox meetings
- Managing and motivating onsite staff
- Manage day to day maintenance works
- Ensure the correct use of and maintenance of PPE
- Comply with all OHS procedures
Applicants must be physically capable of undertaking repetitive manual tasks. A horticulture certificate and a heavy vehicle licence will be an advantage for this position.
The successful applicant will need to possess the following:
- Current Victorian Driver’s license
- First Aid Certificate & CPR
- White Card (Construction Industry)
- Certificate in Horticulture
- An excellent work ethic and mindset
ULS are committed to providing a safe and inclusive workplace for all. We offer a competitive salary and personal development opportunities for the right candidate.
Applicants are required to undergo a Criminal History and Working with Children Check screening process which will include Reference Checks.
If you are interested click on the APPLY
- What's your expected hourly rate?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a gardener?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.