FLORINA STATION - Cattle Station, via Katherine NT
Vice - Station Manager/ Internship Positions are opened
- LAND SCALE – 57000ha gazing property, 11 rooms with individual bathroom
- CATTLE - currently 3000+ High-grade Brahman breeder cattle line, will keep increasing to target nummmber in 3 years
- MANAGEMENT TEAM - One father and a son: one atation manager andd one station han
- LOICATION - 50km West of Katherine, well-formed roadd to property boundary, well maintained to homestead. 400km to Port of Darwin
- DEVELOPMENT – Established breeder and weaner paddocks, coolers, roads, water supply, hay production in place
- SOILS - cleared area approximately 200ha scope for further clearing andd hay proddduction
- TOURISM - Approximately 27km frontage to the very start of the Daly River. Pristine camping and fishing sites, access to stunning water features, springs and waterfalls
Vice - Station Manager
- Supervise and participate daily inspection of livestock, ensuring animals are appropriately fed, watered, environmental parameters are fulfilled
- Assist in planning plowing, seeding, and haying to efficiently use pastureland;
- Routinely check and repair fences; assist shed and yard maintenance;
- Assist in maintain equipment requiring modification, part replacement and overhauls; Use farm machinery in a safe and efficient manner, provide reqular maintenance and service to all equipment;
- Gather business related information, generate a range of options and implement a course of action to slove problems;
- Communicate with company regularly, provide annual feed procurement report (categories, number, price ect.,) and other management reports in time, and help to arrange purchase and delivery;
- Co-operate with other team members, establish priorities an work goals, and
- Undertake specific tasks assigne by management to coorinate with Group.
Preferred candidates are those who,
- has a formal AQF Certifcate III qualification (or higher/equivalent) qualification in Agriculture;
- has worked in the cattle industry for at least one year; and
- has good communication skills, or multilanuage skills, such as manarin
- show strong planning and organsim abilities, develop work plans to achieve objectives;
- operate computer equipment and software packages requiring set-up an familiar with MS Excel
- demostrate a comprehensive understanding of the cattle industry monitoring the industry through literature an practice;
In addition, applicants should have the following attributes:
- be accountable and results focused;
- passionate about beef cattle production
Offering: sponsorship available for right candidates
Applying: candidates should email CV with at least 2 references and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for an energetic, team-oriented intern who is passionate about animal health and hay producation, willing to work on station to learn about large herd cattle management. Applicants who are self-motivated, enjoy working in outdoor environment, and passionate about beef cattle production.
Recent graduations in agriculture are preferred.
Focus will be on the health and management of the expending beef cattle herd, record keeping and evaluation of records on all operations in Microsoft excel ect., interns should anticipate gaining an understanding of the beef cattle operating system.
Term: 6 months
Sutiable candidates will be offering a full-time job after internship.
Applying: Applications should email CV with 2 references along with a breif statement of why the intership appeals to you to email@example.com.
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a Station Manager?
- Do you have a heavy vehicle driver's licence?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Do you have a current firearms licence?
- How many years of business management experience do you have?
- Have you worked in a role where you were responsible for budget management & forecasting?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.