Pindara Private Hospital is seeking an experienced medical administration professional to join the Pre-Admission Clinic, Theatre Usage and Theatre Reception team.
This is a permanent part-time position offering minimum of 32 hours per fortnight.
About the Role
In this role, you will be responsible for providing support and assistance to the administrative and clinical teams, patients, relatives and visitors by coordinating the clerical requirements for the theatre and endoscopy departments.
Key responsibilities of this job include:
- Effectively manage incoming and outgoing calls.
- Provide administrative assistance to relevant personnel as required, which may include filing, photocopying, stationary ordering/stocking and other documentation as required.
- Provide timely and accurate information to queries by patients, visitors and other staff and departments
- Work alongside medical staff, colleagues, patients and visitors to ensure a smooth hospital experience for patients and visitors
- Compilation and management of patient admission papers, consents and clinical notes
- Process Doctor leave requests and distribute notices of available sessions under direction of Manager
To succeed in this role, you will be an enthusiastic individual with a passion for customer service and enjoys being part of a busy unit. The ability to converse and be empathetic while managing a busy flow of enquiries is a key skill needed for this role. You will have strong communication and interpersonal skills and proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required.
You will also bring:
- Computer literacy including Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Experience either in a medical administration setting or a patient-facing role.
- Previous experience using Patient Management systems (i.e. Meditech) is desirable
- Ability to operate Microsoft Office applications in a windows environment to a high level
- Able to complete reporting requirements accurately and within specified timeframes
- Knowledge of medical terminology
About the Organisation
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator, Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator, Pindara Private Hospital is centrally located in Benowa on the Gold Coast.
Pindara Private Hospital is a modern 348 licensed acute care Hospital with extensive on site facilities including a 24 hour Emergency Department, 22 Operating Theatres including our Day Surgery and Endoscopy Unit, Intensive Care, Coronary Care, Oncology, Maternity and Paediatric units, Rehabilitation and Renal Dialysis, a state of the art Cardiac Catheter Laboratory / Hybrid Theatre, in-house Pharmacy, comprehensive Pathology and X-Ray including Ultrasound, CT scan, MRI and Nuclear Medicine imaging and a number of on-site consulting suites. The campus also includes a 5 level medical specialists suite building.
Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check and proof of immunity to infectious diseases.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Marko Krajnc on KrajncM@ramsayhealth.com.au
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.