OPERATIONS ACCOUNTANT - with a defined career path
The hospital has a modern office and is close to shops and public transport.
Flexible, high attention to detail with great customer service skills - do these characteristics describe you?
Norwest Private Hospital
We believe in the delivery of quality clinical outcomes for our patients. Healthscope have over 19000 staff who are passionate and dedicated to providing quality healthcare. We provide exceptional patient care and support for our doctors.
Our people are known for achieving exceptional clinical outcomes, transparent public reporting and positive patient feedback that leads the industry. No matter the role, every day our people make a difference to the lives of our patients and their families and it is a privilege to be part of their care.
Norwest Private Hospital is in the rapidly developing North West corridor of Sydney and is operated by Healthscope, a leading provider of private healthcare in Australia. The hospital has 277 beds and is a high acuity facility with an Emergency Department located in Sydney's Bella Vista.
A vacancy exists for a confident, well rounded accounting professional to join our Finance team. This is a 'hands-on' transactional role, a hybrid role of financial and management accounting, with exposure to strategic planning and hospital executives (hospital CEO and Director of Nursing), reporting to the Director of Finance and Corporate Services.
As an Operations Accountant your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure compliance with accounting standards and adhere to professional accounting principles
- Prepare general ledger journals monthly as directed by the Director of Finance and Corporate Services
- Ensure the integrity of the general ledger and subsidiary ledgers is maintained
- Monthly reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts and clearance of reconciling items
- Undertaking of detailed analysis of monthly operating results
- Ensure sundry debts are collected in a timely manner
- Oversee the maintenance and input of the Hospitals KPIs within the KPI system
- Assist with the preparation of monthly management accounts and supporting schedules and analysis within deadlines set by Healthscope Corporate Office and Hospital executives
- Provide assistance to the Director of Finance and Corporate Services in the budget process and in updating monthly, half yearly and yearly forecasts
- Reconciliation and control of labour hours reporting
- Co-ordinate bi-annual stock take
- Ad hoc reporting and support to Director of Finance and Corporate Services as required
What you'll need to succeed
- Membership of a recognized Australian Accounting body (CPA or CA)
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting
- Extensive software application and data manipulation and analysis experience, Tech One experience desirable (not essential)
- Experience in the use of Accounting Systems including General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable etc.
- Experience with Microsoft Office with advanced knowledge of Excel.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary package commensurate with experience
- Mentorship and exposure over all operational areas of a flagship acute private hospital
- Exposure to executive team
- Career opportunity within a large well known healthcare brand with a national footprint
- Free car parking on site
Applications close: 21st December 2021
For further enquiries: Jef Ma, Director of Finance and Corporate Services on (02) 8882 8810.
More Information: Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current National Police check and working with children check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide p roof of immunity to specified infectious diseases as a Category A Healthcare worker. There is a requirement for you to provide a Covid-19 digital certificate prior to commencement.
To Apply: Please click on the 'Apply' button to be taken to our online application form. Please include a cover letter and your CV along with the contact details of 2 professional referees.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.