Multiple fixed term roles available to join a dynamic specialist family violence team providing a variety of services and programs.
- 12-month full time contracts (part time will be considered for suitable applicants)
- New year, new job! Jan 2022 start date
- Recruiting nationally and building our counselling team across multiple states
No to Violence is Australia’s largest peak body for services and individuals that work with men who use family violence. No to Violence operates the national Men’s Referral Service, the national Brief Intervention Services and the Victorian based Perpetrator Accommodation Support Service, free, confidential counselling, referral and support services.
We have strong values of Change, Leadership, Gender Equity and Accountability.
About the role
We are looking for a number of Men’s Family Violence Counsellors to join the Men’s Referral Service (MRS) with a start date of 17 January 2022.
The Men’s Referral Service provide multiple services and programs which will provide you with the opportunity to move between programs to gain new skills and experiences. We work primarily with men who are using or have used family violence; however we also work with family members, third parties or professionals to support whole of family safety. These services include:
- In-bound telephone and online counselling services
- Single session and multiple session counselling programs
- Out-bound telephone counselling in response to formal police referrals
We are looking for Counsellors who have and an understanding of FV legislation, risk management and reforms. Counsellors should also have experience in conducting risk assessment and safety planning in accordance with protocols, procedures and clinical governance frameworks.
These roles operate on rotating roster, and on call after hours service, spanning 7 days per week (Mon – Fri 8am – 9pm and Sat & Sun 9am - 6pm).
- Tertiary qualification in Social Work, Counselling, Psychology or related field, or a diploma in similar with extensive experience in the family violence sector or closely related field.
- Specialist knowledge and skills, including intake and risk assessment. Prior experience providing family violence services is highly desirable.
- A demonstrated understanding of the social and gendered context of family violence and the impact of violence on women and children
- Understanding of legislation, risk management and reforms pertaining to the family violence sector.
- Experience in the delivery of counselling or case management services either face to face or over the telephone
- Experience in assessing and responding to clinical risk
- Demonstrated personal commitment to the practice and principles of non-violence, justice, social inclusion and gender equity issues
- Commit to working inclusively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse communities, LGBTI people and people with disabilities’
Employment with NTV is conditional upon receipt of satisfactory references, proof of legal entitlement to work in Australia, a Police records check (including an International Police check where required) and a Working with Children Check.
We follow state government restrictions and vaccination protocols, therefore you may be required to provide proof of covid vaccination as part of pre-employment screening.
Further details relating to the key roles and responsibilities of this role can be found in the position description on our website - https://ntv.org.au/about-us/work-with-us/
What we offer
We are growing nationally and building our workforce across multiple states. We currently have offices in Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide. We are open to discussions regarding hybrid working arrangements.
We provide a positive work culture and a diverse and inclusive environment. Our people matter to us and we are committed to supporting them and their wellbeing. We understand these roles can be demanding and at times challenging, therefore we provide regular supervision, including clinical supervision, to ensure our Counsellors are well supported. We also play an active role in the professional development of our staff.
These roles start in January 2022 therefore you can enjoy Christmas 2021 before starting the new year with a new job!
Some other benefits we offer include;
- Providing a comprehensive induction to our new counsellors
- Salary Packaging – tax free salary benefits of up to $15,900 per year plus up to $2,650 per year for entertainment benefits
- Bonus leave (3 days over Christmas/New Year, pro rata)
- Generous paid study leave
- Leave loading of 17.5%
- EAP through Converge International who provide Employee Assist, Family Assist, Money Assist and Legal Assist among other services
- Portable Long Service Leave
- An office that is always stocked with snacks!
How to apply
To apply please submit an up-to-date resume and a cover letter (no longer than 2 pages) outlining your relevant experience aligned to the role and the mandatory requirements detailed in this ad.
Closing date of applications is Friday 10 December. Applications are currently being reviewed with interviews already commencing week beginning Monday 6 December.
Any questions please contact email@example.com
NTV values diversity and encourages applications from candidates of all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people of colour. We value people of all abilities and diversity of culture, faith, gender identity and sexual orientation. We welcome unique contributions and perspectives of all people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities we work with and live in.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.