- Work for a growing company located in Lara/Geelong
- Great rates & allowances in a full time role
- Great team environment
PFD Food Services began life in 1943 amid the noise and chaos of the Melbourne Fish Markets. Expanding rapidly to meet the demand of an ever growing customer base, we are Australia’s largest family operated Foodservice company with over 800 company owned trucks and customer service focused drivers making daily deliveries.
With an extensive range of fresh meat and seafood together frozen products, drygoods, paper products and cleaning solutions for the Foodservice Industry, PFD has proven their unwavering commitment to their customers and are considered a source of innovation, a provider of insight, a solver of problems. In 2021 PFD formed a partnership with another proud Australian company, Woolworths Group.
The purpose of the role is to identify, pursue and grow sales in a specific territory supported by a documented business plan and target account list.
- Maintain weekly/monthly call cycle to ensure customer expectations are met
- Secure new business with customers while maintaining existing orders
- Actively utilise key selling programs to build sales in existing and new customers
- Identify and pursue potential areas for growth
- Advise customers of the total PFD product range and supply/price trends
- Identify and manage low yield customers into a more profitable trading relationship
Key Competencies, Skills and Qualifications
- Proficiency in learning a product range quickly
- Superior selling and negotiating ability
- Experience in developing and maintaining relationships with existing and new customers
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Awareness of HACCP & OH&S regulations
- Solid computer literacy
- Self-motivated and ambitious
- Full drivers licence
What PFD is Offering the Successful Candidate
We are offering competitive remuneration, superannuation and other staff benefits (such as discounts on staff purchases, discounted accommodation, health insurance and banking). As part of this position, we are also offering participation in an incentive program, company vehicle and phone.
Please submit your application (cover letter and resume) via the apply now link below
As part of our recruitment process, do you agree to undertake employment checks? These checks may include a medical assessment (including a drug/alcohol test and a Flu Vaccination), National Police History Check, Working With Children/Vulnerable Groups Check, COVID-19 Validation Certificate and Licence Validation/Demerit Point Check.
Please note: We do not accept unsolicited CV's from Recruitment agencies / third parties and we will not be liable or responsible for any fees or costs associated with unsolicited CV's sent directly to Line Managers.
PFD Food Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.