Pellet Plant Supervisor
Hop Products Australia – Bushy Park Estates
Full Time or a Fixed Term arrangement to work to June 2022.
Hop Products Australia (HPA) is the country’s leading hop grower. We farm, process and package a number of uniquely Australian flavour hops that are worshipped by brewers around the world for their impact in beer.
HPA are looking for a supervisor for our Pellet Plant at our hop farm in Bushy Park. Our Pellet Plant operates to pelletise and package our hops for distribution to our customers.
This is a full-time position, however we will consider a fixed term arrangement for someone wanting to work for only a few months a year, for example, from January to June.
You will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of the plant’s equipment. You will oversee the pelleting and packaging of seasonal production, ensuring strict product quality expectations are achieved, and providing supervision and instruction to the employees in the plant.
You will be required to perform a range of maintenance related tasks to ensure fixed plant is operational.
Does this sound like you?
- Demonstrated mechanical experience with the skills to perform routine maintenance, diagnose faults and make adjustments to plant and packaging line equipment.
- You have a high regard for ensuring quality and safety standards are met.
- Well developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Capable of supervising and leading small groups of seasonal employees.
- Highly organised with attention to detail.
- Excellent admin skills and capable of working with others to coordinate the movement and pelleting of hop bales.
- You might have experience working in a food processing or manufacturing facility where quality is key.
You must be willing to work overtime (up to 12 hour days and some Saturday work) during pelleting and packaging from March-May.
A Driver’s Licence and Forklift Licence are essential.
Above award wage on offer commensurate with experience.
Apply via SEEK – Ensure you include a cover letter and resume.
- Do you have experience operating a forklift?
- What's your expected hourly rate?
- Do you have demonstrated experience diagnosing & repairing mechanical faults?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.