Administrative Officer - Administration and Event Support
Catholic Education Diocese of Wollongong
Catholic Education Diocese of Wollongong (CEDoW) comprises 38 Catholic schools with more then 19,000 students enrolled across the Illawarra, Macarthur, Shoalhaven and Southern Highlands regions.
The Director of Schools invites applicants from suitably qualified and experienced personnel for this temporary full time parental leave replacement position at the Catholic Education Diocese of Wollongong (CEDoW) commencing 24 January 2022 until 23 December 2022.
This position exists to support the administration and hospitality requirements of Reception Services predominantly at the Marian Centre, Wollongong. Applicants will be supportive of the ethos and mission of Catholic Education in the Diocese of Wollongong and understand the key purpose of this position as a focused customer service role, ultimately serving the needs of the students and staff in our Catholic schools.
The Administrative Officer – Administration and Event Support will be responsible to the Director of Schools, through the Manager of Administrative Services.
This position involves:
- contributing to the implementation of the Vision and Strategic Direction of the CEDoW as stated in Lighting the Way
- working collaboratively with staff across CEO Service Areas, work teams, schools, Diocesan Agencies, and external suppliers in the delivery of event services to CEDoW
- supporting effective and efficient central office and school-based processes
- providing ongoing service through safe, efficient and hygienic hospitality practices
- coordinating and organising all internal events including room bookings, catering support, event set up and pack up
- clerical and administrative support including reception duties as required
- record keeping, stock management including ordering and inventory control.
ESSENTIAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
- maintain a high standard of hygiene and compliance with food safety guidelines
- excellent attention to detail with a strong focus on Customer Service
- ability to work independently and a collaborative, cooperative approach to working in a team
- exceptional organisational skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- discretion and a high level of confidentiality
- proficiency and experience in Google and MS Office suite of applications, including Word and Excel
- excellent written and oral communication skills
- a positive approach and attitude.
DESIRABLE SELECTION CRITIERIA:
- Safe Food Handling qualifications.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- minimum Certificate III in Business/Administration or Hospitality/Event Support
- minimum of three years experience in an office and/or hospitality environment
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore a working with children clearance is required prior to your commencement with us.
Applicants must be able to comply with any NSW Public Health Orders pertaining to Education that are in place as of the commencement date of this position. Please refer to the NSW Health website/Public Health Orders and Restrictions for further information.
To confidentially discuss your application or general inquiry please contact Debbie Manche, Manager of Administrative Services on 4253 0830.
Please do not apply for this position via SEEK. Apply now via our website www.dow.catholic.edu.au under employment tab.
Closing date: 10 December 2021 at 5pm
- Do you have experience in administration?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Have you completed a qualification in business administration?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.