Administration Officer - Parental Leave Cover (Ref: 370)
Overlooking the Indian Ocean, Geraldton is a thriving regional city at the heart of Australia's Coral Coast. With a growing population of over 41,000 people it offers a wide range of services and activities. Geraldton is recognised as one of WA's key growth areas and the opportunities in this regional city are plentiful. You can be part of working with us to deliver the best for our community and this region.
The City of Greater Geraldton actively welcomes, includes and values the unique contributions of all people in its workplace. The City welcomes applications from all age groups, people with a disability, and those from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer with strong commitment to fitness for work and safety in the workplace.
About the position:
The Administration Officer is responsible for providing a high standard of administrative support for the teams within the Development and Community Services Department, particularly to the Personal Assistant to the Director Development and Community Services.
This full time position is offered as a fixed term parental leave cover contract until mid-October 2022.
- Provide secretarial support to Development and Community Services including agenda preparation and circulation, minute taking, circulation or applications and reports to Council.
- Provide front line customer service by receiving telephone calls and counter enquiries for Development and Community Services as required.
- Provide administrative support to the Development and Community Services Department.
- Provide relief for other administrative staff within Development and Community Services including the Personal Assistant.
- Arrange meetings and presentations by organising catering, preparing and circulating information and/or invitations, coordinating participants and setting up and breaking down of meetings.
For further information and to view the position description, visit www.cgg.wa.gov.au/employment
To gain a better understanding of the role, please call Amy Zinetti, Personal Assistant to Director Development and Community Services on 08 9956 6654.
The successful applicant will possess relevant qualification(s) in the Business/Business Administrative field along with previous experience in an administrative role. Additionally, the position requires demonstrated experience in providing high standards of customer service, strong attention to detail skills and the ability to prioritise tasks and work within strict deadlines.
Completion of a pre-employment medical including alcohol and other substances testing is required of all positions at the City.
Remuneration and benefits:
A salary starting from $64,749 per annum or $32.76 per hour will be offered dependent on knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications.
Some of the additional benefits of working for the City include:
- Up to 19% Superannuation
- 22 Annual Leave days
- Health & Wellbeing Program
- Flexible working arrangements
- Career opportunities
- Study Assistance
- Centrally located
- Free parking
Interested in applying?
For information on how to apply for this position, visit the City’s website: www.cgg.wa.gov.au/employment
Applications close 4pm Monday 13 December 2021
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.