The purpose of the Strategy Associate role is to complete strategic problem-solving, analysis and communications to support key presentations, documents and outputs - in collaboration with internal stakeholders - to bring our global 3x6 strategy to life. The various areas of focus for the role would include developing APAC strategy, Business Unit strategy and governance reporting.
How will I help?
The role of the Strategy Associate is highly dynamic and fast paced. The role will be required to share a blend of empathy, flexibility, structured thinking, and disciplined execution, to manage competing demands and deliver high quality work. The role is required to have an insatiable appetite for learning, particularly in strategy, strategic planning, design-thinking, customer health trends and healthcare.
- Developing problem-statements and issues trees to frame strategic problems
- Co-creating issue prioritisation frameworks and completing preliminary interviews and analysis to identify the highest value strategic drivers for deeper analysis
- Creating analysis plans and stakeholder maps
- Developing actionable insights and recommendations by conducting data driven analysis that utilises various data sources (both qualitative and quantitively) to support decision-making
- Presenting strategic findings and facilitate conversations to affirm and/or refine recommendations
- Developing key documents for the Bupa APAC annual strategic planning process, in collaboration with internal stakeholders
- Assisting the Business Units and Service Functions to evaluate key opportunities, and subsequently developing formal Business Cases in consultation with Finance for some of these opportunities
- Writing APAC papers and presentations for key executive forums
- Managing and prioritising an active task list (also called a 'backlog') and escalating key issues early
- Presenting and gain consensus of stakeholders through your ability to link data and insights into execution plans (timings, roles, actions, priorities)
What's in it for me?
Working at purpose driven company with a long history of helping customers live happier, healthier and longer lives, you will join a team that is influencing a number of important health agendas in the region. In terms of strategy work, you'll be working at the leading edge of all growth and health topics, which means exciting opportunities to showcase your skills on both global and local strategic topics. To this end, you'll be encouraged to grow as a strategist, but also an entrepreneur and socialiser of ideas within the broader Bupa community. Surrounded by a team of past global management consultants and advisers, this role will put you on the fast lane for your own personal development.
In addition to knowledgeable teammates, you will also partner with folks who are dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experiences, as well as those who are bringing new ones to market. We respect and consider everyone because diversity of problem-solving is the greatest ingredient for amazing strategy development!
Bupa has a range of benefits related to the many healthcare services it delivers, in addition to offering employees flexible working arrangements.
- Discount on our health insurance, travel, car, home, contents and pet insurance products as well as discounts when you attend a Bupa Dental clinic or purchase glasses from a Bupa Optical store
- A dedicated internal wellbeing team provides you with a range of services, such as a global resilience program, regular training opportunities on a range of wellbeing topics and access to a plethora of wellbeing discounts
- An additional well-being day each year to enjoy a day off
- Flexible working arrangements that can evolve with your life over time
- Access to market leading digital development platforms to accelerate your learning journey within Bupa
What do I need?
- Bachelor's degree (business / economics / finance or equivalent) with outstanding academic record
- At least 3 years' experience with at least 2 years in a consulting or corporate strategy team
- Experience translating insight into strategy and action
- Strong written presentation skills and the ability to convert data into insight and prepare compelling, persuasive reports and presentations
- Possess quantitative, analytical, and conceptual problem-solving skills
- Possess structured thinking and commercial acumen
- Demonstrated drive, ambition and intellectual curiosity for the health insurance industry
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders including technical and functional specialists, operational and line managers
Bupa is an international healthcare group which has a purpose to deliver longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world for more than 70 years. In Australia and New Zealand, Bupa assists more than 5 million customers through a broad range of health and care services including health insurance, aged care, rehabilitation, dental, optical, medical, hearing and medical visa services.
Our people reflect the diversity of our community. At Bupa, your wellbeing, identity and own story is respected and valued.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.