Opportunity to join a boutique consultancy firm specialising in the health and human services sector. Consultant role available.
- Inner Melbourne location, with a national focus
- Flexible working arrangements: virtual office, daily online connection, regular in-person catch-ups
- Work across a broad portfolio of health-based projects
- Hiring at the Consultant level
About the company
Healthcare Management Advisors (HMA) is a boutique management consulting firm (established in 1998) that provides specialised, high-quality services to the Australian health industry. Our clients include public- and private-sector healthcare organisations. We undertake management consulting projects across a range of technical areas including strategy formulation, evaluation, program development, needs assessment, and service mapping. Our projects cover diverse subject areas including cancer, mental health, regional and rural health, and aged care.
We are looking for a problem solver with demonstrable initiative who is passionate about helping to create better health services.
What we offer:
- Inclusive and creative team
- Collaborative work environment with engaged and approachable management
- Supportive learning opportunities
- Career progression pathways
- Deliverable-driven approach with flexible work hours
- Hybrid work arrangement (work from home with regular in-person catch-ups)
- Diversity friendly workplace
- Social events
- Full-time position preferred, but part-time could be considered for the right applicant.
About the role
As a Consultant with HMA, you will assist in the evaluation and value for money analysis of health programs, support development of strategic advice, and collate the evidence-base for program development. Bring your enthusiasm for learning, an analytical mindset and a desire to optimise the way clients work or programs operate and join our dynamic team of consultants.
Your duties will be, but are not limited to:
- working as part of the HMA team to undertake assignments for health sector clients (government departments, providers, and peak bodies), maintaining an appropriate professional balance between quality of service provided and commercial profitability
- building relationships with clients
- contributing to the development of project tenders
- preparation of reports for clients
- consultation with stakeholders including peak bodies, clinicians, consumer representatives
- literature reviews
- collection, analysis and interpretation of data (quantitative and qualitative)
- formulation of strategy and recommendations
- contribution to project management processes.
About you / selection criteria
The ideal candidate will hold tertiary qualifications, have a minimum of three years’ relevant work experience (experience in the health sector, health policy or health economics favourable but not essential), and be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- the capacity to operate in a commercial environment and a commitment and capacity to develop and refine technical skills
- the capacity to work autonomously and as part of a team
- consultation skills with a breadth of stakeholder types
- good time management skills including task prioritisation and capacity to use project management software
- good analytical skills including the capability to design and undertake quantitative and qualitative analyses
- the ability to prepare and produce written documentation of a high standard
- well-developed skills in Office 365, and capability to integrate other software/ platforms, and
- the ability to work to deadlines.
Inquiries about the role should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close Friday 10th December 2021 at midday. Please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.