LEARNING ENHANCEMENT TEACHERS - MULTIPLE POSITIONS
Full time Permanent
1 x Primary Teacher and 1 x Secondary Teacher
Commencing Term 1 2022
- Dynamic teacher to work collaboratively with staff and students to improve student achievement in literacy and numeracy
- Holistic and supportive school environment
- Djarragun College is a registered PBI allowing tax savings through salary packaging.
Djarragun College is an independent school for students from Prep to Year 12 and is located in the unique and picturesque region of Gordonvale, just 20 minutes south of Cairns. Students can attend as day students or as boarding students. Djarragun College is owned and operated by an Indigenous Australian Organisation. Djarragun College is committed to delivering the standard of education long demanded by the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people of Australia.
We are seeking experienced, enthusiastic and talented Learning Enhancement Teachers to work in partnership with students, classroom teachers, parents, Learning Enhancement Coordinator, Senior staff, health professionals, outside agencies, and the Leadership Team, to identify a collaborative approach to implement support for students with additional learning needs
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this position.
Qualifications and experience:
A mandatory requirement of this role:
- Current full registration, or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland.
- Undergraduate or post graduate studies in special education, inclusive education or similar
- Demonstrated aptitude and experience in the area of Special Education and applying programs for students with special needs
If you think you have the potential to become a valuable member of our team, we'd like to hear from you!
Applications are to be made through SEEK and addressed to the Principal, Damien Gainsford, Djarragun College.
- A current CV
- Names of two (2) professional referees. Referees must be your most recent employer and be a line manager/supervisor.
- A letter of application detailing how your previous experience would enable you to meet the requirements of the role
- A copy of the position description for this role can be found here https://djarragun.qld.edu.au/our-college/employment/
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.