Within The Gates Caseworker
CatholicCare Social Services Hunter-Manning is a not-for-profit organisation and an agency of the Catholic Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle. We offer whole-of-community support and empowerment options to those in need regardless of religion, age, gender, physical and intellectual capacity, or ethnicity.
After the incredible success of our Beyond The Gates Program, CatholicCare together with the Catholic Schools Office has created an exciting new program, Within the Gates and we are seeking both full-time and part-time Caseworkers to join this team in the following areas:
- 1 x Full-time - St Paul’s Catholic College Booragul
- 1 x Full-time - St Joseph’s College Lochinvar
- 1 x Full-time - San Clemente High School Mayfield
- 1 x 3 days - St Paul’s Primary School Rutherford Monday, Tuesday and Friday
- 1 x 3 days - Our Lady of Lourdes Primary School Tarro Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
The Catholic Schools Office and CatholicCare Social Services Hunter-Manning has formed a collaborative partnership to enhance the wellbeing of students and their families attending specific High Schools and Primary Schools. The Within The Gates (WTG) Caseworker will be an employee of CatholicCare Social Services Hunter Manning (Counselling and Clinical Services Team) but will be based within the nominated school community to collaborate with The Wellbeing Team, Learning Support Team, the School Counselling Service and, where applicable, the Beyond the Gates team to enhance student wellbeing and learning outcomes.
The WTG Caseworker has a pivotal role in working collaboratively with school teams, external agencies and creating referral pathways for students and families to child and family support agencies.
The role will also require networking activities with a range of other services across surrounding communities.
As a Within The Gates Caseworker you will work within the school team to support vulnerable students to address concerns that impact on their school experience. Through flexible and responsive approaches, you will support children and young people to reach potential.
If you have a passion for supporting children and young people and are capable of forming and maintaining positive client and stakeholder relationships, then this just might be the position for you.
We offer competitive remuneration, individual and group supervision, external professional development, admin. support and flexible hours; all aimed at creating a culture of excellence alongside work life balance.
The positions are being offered on a maximum term basis either full-time or part-time, as stated above and will commence Term One 2022 and continue until the end of the school year, with the possibility to extend depending on funding.
Benefits of Working With Us
- Receive an attractive salary plus salary packaging (up to $15,899 per annum).
- Fantastic ongoing professional learning opportunities.
- A great friendly team environment of dedicated and passionate co-workers.
- Discounted gym membership
- And more
To be considered for the position you must address each of the selection criterion below.
- Tertiary Qualifications in Youth Work, Social Work, Psychology, Teaching or similar disciplines or an equivalent combination of experience, training and achievement.
- Commitment to work within CatholicCare’s mission, vision and values and to support the ethos of Catholic Schools.
- Demonstrated experience in, and sound understanding of case management and case coordination and person-centred practices.
- A clear understanding of child and adolescent development with demonstrated experience in engaging and working effectively with students and their families.
- High level communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to maintain confidentiality; and develop and sustain constructive and respectful relationships at all levels within and beyond the school community.
- A strong understanding of the contributing factors to various types of disadvantage and experience in working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, refugees and migrants, and other minority groups.
- An ability to effectively analyse and respond to student data on academic performance, behaviour, and wellbeing to enhance learning outcomes.
- Current Working with Children Check.
- A commitment to work within WHS guidelines.
- Successful applicants must undergo a Police check.
- Current NSW Driver Licence.
- Access to use of a car with full comprehensive insurance.
For more information about the role, including the position description visit https://www.catholiccare.org.au/join-us/within-the-gates-caseworker/or you can contact the Manager, Counselling and Clinical Services, Kelly Pavan on 0408 674 458.
To be considered for the position please provide a copy of your current resume and a cover letter addressing each of the selection criteria.
Please ensure you state which location/s you are applying for within your application.
*Please note, not individually addressing each of the selection criteria will result in your application not being shortlisted.*
Child Safe Organisation
The Catholic Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle is a child safe organisation, committed to the protection of children and has zero-tolerance of any abuse of children. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, retain a valid Working with Children Check where necessary and comply with our Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
Positions identified as child related employment with CatholicCare Social Services Hunter-Manning must have a valid Working With Children Check. For more information about the NSW Working With Children Check, please visit the NSW Office of Children’s Guardian.
This position has been determined as child related and a current Working With Children Check for paid employment is required. Applicants must be able to demonstrate an understanding of appropriate behaviours when engaging with children.
The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening including the completion of a National Police Check and the retention of a valid Working with Children Check and adoption and compliance with our Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
Applications close 9.00am Friday, 10 December 2021.
*Please note, interviews will take place the week of 13 December 2021*
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.