Following an announcement by the Tasmanian Government, a Public Health Direction was issued on 10 September 2021 requiring that all Health Workers are vaccinated against COVID-19. This step is critical in protecting both our health workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians in our care.
Applicants for any position within the Department of Health must be prepared to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of their employment.
Department of Health
The Department of Health is seeking interest for a Specimen Collector - COVID-19 Testing Clinic vacancy.
Tasmania offers an enviable lifestyle with some of the most amazing natural attractions, a wide range of opportunities, quality education systems, short commutes, exceptional local beer, wine and food.
Fixed term, casual, day work, working as and when required commencing ASAP for a period of 12 months.
This is a daytime shift work role including weekend work
Tasmanian COVID-19 Testing Clinics are responsible for the delivery of COVID-19 tests to individuals/groups in line with the Tasmanian Testing Strategy.
Under the on-site supervision and direction of the Nurse Unit Manager or delegate, the Specimen Collector - COVID-19 Testing Clinic will:
- Support the delivery of COVID-19 testing services to the Tasmanian population in Department of Health Testing Clinic settings.
- Undertake COVID-19 specimen collection, under the supervision of the Nurse Unit Manager or delegate and in accordance with established procedures and compliance protocols.
- Prepare and maintain the COVID-19 testing environment including assisting with the maintenance, cleaning, and management of equipment and the care, storage and processing of swab specimen in line with Infection Prevention and Control requirements for the site.
- Provide general customer service that supports clinical staff operations and ensures prompt, sensitive and confidential services to the public.
$54,135 to $56,478 pro-rata per annum
- Attractive salary
- A multi-disciplinary work environment
- Family friendly workplace
Generic Specimen Collector - COVID 19 Testing Clinic hso4 (Nov 2021) HR.pdf
Generic Specimen Collector - COVID 19 Testing Clinic hso4 (Nov 2021) HR.docx
Department of Health - Applicant Guide July 2021 (4).pdf
Department of Health - Applicant Guide July 2021.docx
To find out more about this exciting opportunity, please contact Searson Buck on 1800 688 180 or email email@example.com
To apply for this role, please go to www.jobs.tas.gov.au and look for vacancy number 526661.
Applications close: Sunday 5 December 2021 at 11:55pm
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.