Customer Experience Officer - Permanent Part time & 9-month Maternity Leave Contract
The Lost Dogs' Home (LDH) is proud to be Australia's largest animal shelter, helping thousands of lost and abandoned animals each year. We are a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to providing outstanding veterinary care to animals who find their way to us and have been serving the community for over 100 years.
We are current seeking Part Time Customer Experience Officers to join The Lost Dogs' Home on a part time basis (Permanent & 9-month Maternity Leave Backfill role).
The Customer Experience Officer is responsible for providing a high level of customer service to members of the public visiting the Home, as the first point of contact for all enquires relating to lost and found pets, adoptions, reclaims, surrenders and so on. The Customer Experience Officer plays an important role in reuniting lost pets with their owners and finding new forever homes for our shelter animals.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing excellent customer service to all members of the public visiting the Home, reflecting the Home’s values.
- Administration tasks including recording all relevant information, ensuring integrity of information entered to our systems, adhering to legislation, writing/updating adoption profiles, communicate with councils, and ad hoc duties
- Receiving incoming calls in a professional, friendly manner, answer general enquiries regarding shelter operations, such as adoptions, lost/found animal information
- Educating public about responsible pet ownership and maintaining the health and wellbeing of their pets
- Assisting in reuniting animals with their owners through actively trying to contact the owner
- Guiding potential adopters through the adoption process
- Processing financial transactions as required and undertake daily banking procedures to balance
- Occasional general husbandry of cats and dogs, including microchip checks, transferring from carriers to crates/pods, cleaning, feeding & exercising
What you will need to succeed in this role:
We are looking for an individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, who will bring their energy, enthusiasm and passion for customer-centric service and animal welfare to an already dynamic and unique team.
- Extensive customer service experience (essential)
- Interest and passion for animal welfare in a shelter setting
- Proven ability to work both autonomously and within a team
- Experience with systems and data bases (Zendesk experience well-regarded)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sound emotional maturity and ethics regarding animals and their welfare
What you will get in return:
- Fantastic career development and opportunities in the animal welfare industry
- Discounts at our vet clinic, Frank Samways Veterinary Clinic
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and onsite support service
- LDH Social Committee events & activities
- A unique and friendly working environment (surrounded by animals!)
If you have the skills, experience and enthusiasm to be successful in this role, please click on the “Apply” button, ensuring you have attached your cover letter and current resume in Word or PDF format. If you have any further questions or queries regarding the role, please email email@example.com.
COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Workers) Directions
LDH employees are considered to be ‘veterinary and pet/ animal care workers’ under the COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Workers) Directions (Directions) issued by Victoria’s Chief Health Officer. This means that LDH employees and must be vaccinated in accordance with the Directions (subject to any applicable exemptions) and provide their employer with their vaccination information, as a condition of their employment at LDH. LDH will not be able to proceed with applicants who do not comply with the Directions. All information provided to LDH in compliance with these directions will be treated as sensitive information and managed in accordance with the Privacy Act of 1988.
The successful applicant will be required to satisfactorily complete background screening checks.
The Lost Dogs’ Home is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.