- Permanent Full Time
- 76 hours per fortnight (FTE 1)
- Based in headspace Wodonga and headspace Wangaratta
Are you interested in:
- Improving lives of young people as part of an interesting and innovative team
- Being a part of a supportive, multidisciplinary practice in North East Victoria
- Developing increased skills in working with young people.
If it's yes to the above, and if you want to be part of a fantastic culture creating change in young people's lives then this role is for you!
Since 2015, headspace in North East Victoria has helped those aged 12-25 by providing tailored and holistic mental health support at crucial times, helping young people get back on track and improving their ability to manage their mental health. This role will work with headspace local communities to increase mental health literacy and build capacity of the community to improve mental health and wellbeing for young people, while raising awareness of headspace and building on and upholding the organisations reputation.
Gateway Health is a not-for-profit Company limited by guarantee and a registered Community Health Service under the Health Services Act 1988 (Vic).
Vision: People living well
Our Purpose: To provide care and services that connect the community and strengthened individual and population health and wellbeing
Our Values: We care – We work together – We achieve – We learn – We Innovate
Our Principles: We advocate for fair and equitable access to health care and wellbeing services for all.
We respect the strength of individuals and the community, and their capacity to recover from adversity.
We recognize the importance of adaptability and responsiveness to enable us to deliver on our commitment to the community.
We actively listen and work alongside the community and each other to design and deliver better solutions.
We believe a learning culture is critical to enhancing the wellbeing of staff, clients and the community.
We contribute to creation of a connected and integrated health and community care system to achieve the best outcomes for our clients and community.
Gateway Health strives for an achievement culture that encourages innovation and initiative. We build and foster strengths-based programs that focus on support and recovery. Our staff are our greatest asset.
The organisation employs over 380 staff providing a range of primary health and community services across the Ovens Murray region in North East Victoria and parts of Southern New South Wales. Gateway Health serves all people, and is committed to improving individual and population health outcomes. We will do this by providing health care and support to individuals and communities in times of need, and by actively working with our partners to address the social and environmental determinants of health. Services are delivered through a mix of centre-based services in Wodonga, Wangaratta and Myrtleford, and outreach to rural communities across the region.
Please go to www.gatewayhealth.org.au to review the Application Process and full position details including Position Description.
Applications must address the selection criteria and have two referees who are the applicants previous or current managers.
Your application must include:
- Cover Letter
- Address the Selection Criteria provided in the Position Description
- Proof of Current Victorian Working with Children clearance
- Employment Disclosure Application Form (located on our gateway website)
Please forward your application, resume and selection criteria responses to firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATIONS CLOSED MONDAY NOON 12pm DECEMBER 12TH 2021
Gateway Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to creating a workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We believe that a workforce that recognises and celebrates diversity will best meet the health and well-being needs of all people we serve including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples; people with disability, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and gender diverse people, intersex people, people experiencing health inequalities, and culturally and linguistically diverse people.
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- Demonstrated experience in planning, implementing and evaluating community awareness initiatives, health promotion activities or event management
- Describe your experience with consumer engagement strategies or in working with reference groups and managing volunteers
- What skills in engaging and working with young people, including those from diverse backgrounds and/or with mental health or other needs do you have?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.