Image Courtesy of Toowoomba North State School
About Toowoomba North State School
Toowoomba North State School is located on the edge of the city, adjacent to the historic Mort Estate. We provide a supportive learning environment that caters for the intellectual, emotional, spiritual and physical needs of each student. At Toowoomba North State School, our vision of being 'Strong and smart - Big in heart' drives the many programs that operate within the school.
Applications are invited for the above position offering 26 hrs per week (plus ADO) Monday - Friday, commencing on Monday 17 January to Friday 10 July 2022 unless otherwise determined.
As the administration officer, you will contribute to the effective and efficient management of the school by providing a high level of administrative support and timely service to the school community.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- First point of contact for all visitors and parents.
- Reception duties include attending to telephone and front counter enquiries, relaying messages and general customer service.
- Maintain Blue Card Register
- Preparing correspondence, newsletters etc as required.
- Be responsible for income management in the OneSchol Aggresso environment
- Be responsible for student enrolment and management in the OneSchool environment
- Other administration support as directed by Business Manager
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to be flexible and work as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail, time management and organisational skills
- Capacity to work with multiple people to both follow directions and work unsupervised
- Ability to quickly acquire knowledge and understanding of school operations, standards and work processes.
- Word processing and spreadsheet experience and the ability to quickly acquire knowledge of new systems
- One School experience is highly desirable but not essential
- Current paid Working with Children Blue Card is mandatory
- Undertake a Criminal History Check
Please refer to the Role Description for a full list of 'Your Role'.
When working in regulated employment an employee must have a current Working with Children Clearance (blue card) issued by Blue Card Services.
To apply please attach the following:
- A brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- A maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under the ‘How you will be assessed' section in the attached role description.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Employees affected by workplace change will be considered on merit.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.