Finance and Administration Manager
Handybin Waste Services are a 100% Australian owned and locally operated company that has been servicing the Coffs Coast Region for over 26 years. We are the largest provider of waste services on the Coffs Coast. Each week we provide domestic waste collection services to over 55,000 homes and businesses on the Coffs Coast. We also provide a diverse range of commercial waste and recycling services to businesses, schools, hospitals, and holiday parks.
Handybin operates a state-of the-art recycling facility at the Coffs Coast Resource Recovery Park and employs over 60 local staff in collection, processing, and administration roles.
The role of Business Finance and Administration Manager is vital to the efficient and effective financial management of Handybin Waste Services and the day-to-day operations of the business. Reporting to the Regional Manager, you will have a proven track record in business finance management and/or business accounting. You will have a strong background in accounting, financial analysis, forecasting, budgets, and a real passion for understanding the key drivers of the business. This role will suit a proactive person with strong analytical skills, and who has the desire and experience to improve our business and to liaise, support and provide financial & commercial analytical reporting & guidance to all department managers. You will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day financial operations of the business including a team of administration and accounting support personnel covering general administration, call center, accounts payable, receivable and payroll.
Candidates with a strong finance and/or accounting background in manufacturing, engineering or the waste Industry are encouraged to apply.
An attractive remuneration package is available to the successful applicant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviewing balance sheet, P&L reconciliations, and analysis of variances
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Monthly consolidation reporting
- Providing commercial support and analysis
- Liaising and managing relationships with external accountants and auditors
- Overseeing accounting support personnel covering accounts payable and receivable, payroll, general ledger, daily cash monitoring, collections, payments, and bank reconciliations
- Reviewing of weekly payroll
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills – both written and verbal
- Excellent time management skills, ability to manage workflow, priorities, and deadlines
- A keen eye for detail and desire to probe further into data
- Able to balance qualitative and quantitative information/evidence in making decisions
- Ability to work independently
Qualifications and experience
- 5-10 years Financial Management and reporting experience.
- Financial management qualifications desired.
- CA/CPA qualifications considered favorably, although not a prerequisite.
- Developing, documenting and implementation of quality systems and financial processes.
- Strong IT and advanced Excel skills highly advantageous.
To Apply, please attach a cover letter addressing the essential duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and experience required for this role and an up-to-date resume.
Enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Generic applications not specifically targeted to this role will not be assessed and considered for the role.
Applicants who are successful at the interview stage will be required to undergo a pre-employment fitness for work examination and National Police History check prior to commencing.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.