The Senior Business Case Specialist plays a pivotal role in aligning the needs of key stakeholders with the strategic objectives of the organisation. You will be part of the team responsible for the development and management of key portfolio artefacts such as the Investment Submissions (five point business case), Portfolio Delivery Plan; portfolio risks and benefits identification/measures/registers; portfolio performance report; together with the development and management of a number of other key portfolio reports and plans.
Airservices Australia is a government-owned organisation responsible for the safe and efficient management of 11% of the world’s airspace and provision of aviation rescue fire fighting services at Australia’s busiest airports.
Our people are our greatest asset with a dynamic and diverse team operating from locations across the country - from bustling cities to regional and remote locations, including an island. This team keep Australia’s aviation industry safe every day of the year, both in the air and on the ground.
We connect people with their world safely – linking family and friends, generating economic activity, creating jobs, and facilitating trade and tourism.
Airservices is committed to fostering a culture that is diverse, inclusive, and respectful. We encourage motivated individuals who love what they do, value a service first mindset and embrace a challenge to explore a career with Airservices. In return you will be a valued team member, be offered flexibility and experience a meaningful career in an exciting, ever-evolving aviation industry.
The Role & The Team
Reporting directly to the Portfolio Governance and Analysis Lead, we are looking for an expert communicator who will be responsible for supporting the organisation through analysis of initiatives on the Enterprise Investment Plan to ensure enabling the Executive to understand if the investment is justified, cost effective and will deliver the expected outcomes, capabilities and benefits. Regular consultation with executive sponsors and senior management is required to ensure the overall needs of the organisation are being met.
Essential elements of this role include analytical thinking, problem solving, project & stakeholder management, self-motivation, forward-thinking, and ensuring the highest level of detail in the analytical work provided to our stakeholders. You will determine, prioritise, verify and validate requirements using a variety of techniques including interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, user scenarios and task and workflow analysis.
Please see the link below to view the full Position Description:
The successful applicant will have:
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills including the ability to think strategically
- Demonstrated ability to convert complex concepts into clear visualisations
- Ability to interpret business needs and translate them effectively into requirements
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills and the alibility to interact professionally with a diverse group of stakeholders including; executives, managers and subject matter experts; with a proven ability to develop and maintain cooperative and productive relationships
- Intermediate experience in Microsoft Office suite of applications, especially Word and Excel
- Intermediate experience in Project Management using Microsoft Project Server to develop schedules and cost estimates (highly regarded)
- Experience in aviation and / or safety critical environments including infrastructure, terrestrial communications and IT systems
- A relevant degree, diploma or certificate from an Australian Tertiary Institution (such as Project management), CBAP certification or demonstrated 5 year equivalent experience in business analysis and formulation of business cases
Should you require any further assistance please contact Cortnie Taylor at Cortnie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Airservices Australia is a diverse and inclusive employer that recognises the benefits of having a workforce that reflects the communities in which we work. We encourage applications from diverse groups including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
To be eligible to apply, you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident as an Australian Government Baseline Security Clearance is required for this role. Please refer to the security check requirements successful applicants will be required to undertake as part of the recruitment process.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please lodge an application online before Applications close 11.55 pm (AEST) Thursday 09 December, 2021.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.