Security Centric is a specialist cyber security firm with an established reputation for quality, with clients across most industries. Offering a full service end-to-end cyber security function for mid-size enterprise, clients know they can rely on us for almost anything in the cyber security domain. This also means team members are able to develop across multiple specialities, often moving around to broaden their skills and experience.
Our engagements range from specialist short-term projects to multi-year engagements where our team is embedded into the organisation, providing a rewarding experience of following a roadmap through to successful implementation.
For this exciting role, you have a passion for information security and are keen to learn new skills. This role is suited to candidates with a broad knowledge of information technology, wishing to develop their career in cyber security. You will develop your technical skills and become a key member of a specialist team.
- Develop software, integrate solutions and automate processes for internal and customer facing systems
- Identify security threats to clients' operations
- Use APIs to integrate third party software applications
- Develop processes, products, services and methodologies to introduce new service offerings or improve the delivery of existing services
- Assist in incident response and forensic investigations
- Participate in solution architecture and functional requirements development
- Constructively collaborate with other team members
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or relevant experience in a software development role
- Strong ability to troubleshoot problems in methodical and efficient manner
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience with object oriented programming languages (eg. Java, C#)
- Ability to clarify ambiguity and synthesise complex issues succinctly
- Credit or above results for undergraduate degree
- Experience with Relational Database Management Systems (RDMS) e.g MS-SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of web application and server technologies
- Familiarity with Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP)
- Exposure to CTFs
- Hands-on discovery demonstrated through home lab and/or GitHub repo
What's on Offer
- Excellent Salary + Benefits + Performance Bonus
- Tools of the trade, latest tech, etc.
- Opportunity to have your contribution recognised and valued as part of a team
- Flexible working environment, great workplace culture
- Be mentored by a team of experienced cyber security specialists
- Training and professional development is an important part of life at Security Centric and you will be supported in acquiring and maintaining relevant industry certifications such as CISSP, GSSP, GWEB, OSCP, etc.
For extra kudos, solve the following and include the solution in your cover letter:
If you wish to apply for this role, please submit a cover letter addressing why you are suited to this role, as well as your CV. Unfortunately, submissions without a cover letter will not be considered.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Have you completed a qualification in ICT?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.