- Part - Time (0.6 FTE), Continuing
- Located at the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- HEO5 - $69,882 - $78,262 per annum + 17% superannuation
About the position
This position will provide general administrative services supporting the Dean, Head of School and Associate Deans within the Law School. The primary responsibilities of this position is to provide quality customer service through high level administrative support and advice to assist in the effective and efficient administration of the School. In collaboration with the Senior Manager, the incumbent will work as part of a team to assist in ensuring that School objectives are met, and that University policies and procedures are followed. In so doing the incumbent will observe a high standard of confidentiality.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have
- Completion of a degree without subsequent relevant work experience; or completion of an advanced diploma qualification and at least one year’s subsequent relevant work experience; or completion of a diploma qualification and at least two years’ subsequent relevant work experience; or completion of a Certificate IV and extensive relevant work experience;
- An excellent understanding and demonstrated experience in customer service including high level interpersonal skills and the ability to respond to people positively, confidently and with respect
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and monitor workflows within own area of responsibility to deliver outputs in a timely manner.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: Sunday 5th December, 11pm
Position Enquiries: Lisa Egan via email; L.Egan@latrobe.edu.au
Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
[link removed]In order to work onsite in higher education, TAFE, training and adult education settings, the Victorian Government requires workers to provide evidence to their employers that they are fully vaccinated with two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine or have a medical exemption evidenced by an authorised medical practitioner. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- Video Assessment – a link will be provided to your nominated email address within 24 hours of submitting your application
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe Cultural Qualities:
We are Accountable, We are Connected, We are Innovative, We Care
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and respectful working environment for all staff. We offer flexible work arrangements that can assist you in balancing your work and other responsibilities.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.