TTI Support Officer
- Opportunity to work at iconic Taronga Zoo Sydney in a key role in the Education division
- Temporary full-time contract until January 2023
- Taronga Conservation Society Australia Salaried Award, General Scale 10, base salary $62,839 plus superannuation and annual leave loading
- Located at Taronga Zoo, Mosman
Looking to secure a shared future for wildlife and people?
Taronga is looking for an experienced, driven and motivated TTI Support Officer who is interested in joining a leading organisation in conservation, education, animal management and transformational guest experiences.
Taronga Zoo officially opened in October 1916, with Taronga Western Plains Zoo officially opening in February 1977! We believe in a shared future for Wildlife and People. Taronga is working in partnership with wildlife conservation organizations and communities to develop ways to protect species and habitats. Taronga. For the Wild!
Our employees enjoy generous employment conditions including:
- Complimentary family and friends passes
- A wide range of discounts on our award winning accommodation
- Discounted food and beverage purchases across the site
- Reduced rates for other services including animal encounters
- To discover more about the benefits of working at Taronga, please visit our website here.
We value diversity…
Taronga is an equal opportunity employer, where we recognise the diversity of our workforce and community – be it on the basis of gender, age, culture, religion, language or personal circumstances.
Taronga is also committed to building on the perspectives, experience, knowledge and skills that this diversity brings to our organisation.
About the role…
Provide quality course administration and student management whilst supporting the strategic objectives of Taronga and the Taronga Training Institute (TTI). Assist with the expansion and coordination of TTI courses at Zoos Victoria properties, and contribute to the continuous improvement and quality processes to ensure the Registered Training Organisation (RTO) adheres to vocational education standards.
- Assist with the coordination of TTI courses at Taronga Zoo, Sydney including enrolments, student management and administration whilst ensuring relevant RTO standards are met.
- Provide support to students, trainers and assessors and ensure that services are delivered in accordance with compliance requirements.
- Undertake the full range of administrative support services, including records management, routine correspondence, meeting and event support, and creating, compiling and distributing documents to assist with the efficient operation of TTI.
- Track and maintain student records.
- Encourage and motivate students to complete course requirements.
- Respond to enquiries and escalate as necessary to ensure queries are responded to in a timely manner in line with Taronga’s Customer Service Charter.
- Provide support to the TTI team and undertake special projects as required.
- Communicate Taronga’s education and conservation messages both internally and externally, ensuring all communications align with Taronga’s values to inspire change in accordance with Taronga’s vision and strategic plan
We are looking for candidates that have/ are willing to:
- Demonstrated experience in administrative support.
- Demonstrated computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Obtain and maintain a current paid NSW Working with Children Check at own expense.
- Obtain and maintain a current First Aid Certificate.
In the interest of the health and safety for everyone accessing a Taronga workplace, it is a requirement of the incumbent, who can safely vaccinate against Covid-19, to do so and provide their certificate prior to commencement.
We value your safety, and the privacy of your information. Please only apply for this position via http://www.iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/. This is the only legitimate website to apply via, and the only website whereby applications will be accepted.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter of one page. You are also required to complete the three target questions as part of your application.
1. Time management and organisations skills are vital to an administrative position. Describe the techniques you use to ensure all tasks are completed in line with organisational requirements.
2. Student support services are a main focus of this position. Provide an example of how you have provided support to a team member and the steps taken to ensure the services provided were effective.
3. Describe why your skills will assist with this position and how you can enhance the TTI team.
Applications must be completed via http://www.iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/ using the reference number 00008NMT or searching the word Taronga. For more information in relation to the vacant position please contact HR Assistant Bethany Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org
To review a copy of the role description, please visit the careers page of the Taronga website https://taronga.org.au/work-at-taronga/current-vacancies
Applications close: 11:59PM Wednesday 8 December 2021
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.