CareWays Community is a for purpose organisation committed to providing independent and progressive community services and social enterprises.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Community Program Officer in our Neighbourhood team, primarily based in Koonawarra NSW. This is a newly created role which assists in the operation of CareWays community hubs and implementing programs, activities, information and referrals to individuals and families ensuring they are in accordance with the philosophy, objectives, mission and values of CareWays.
The successful candidate will have:
- Tertiary Qualifications at Certificate IV level in Community Services and 2-4 years’ experience in a similar service
- Exceptional written and verbal skills
- Computer literate in all MS Office suites
- Experience in Neighbourhood Centre direct service delivery
- Experience in volunteer support, leading projects and event management
- Sound understanding of Community Development Principles and Practices
- Empathetic understanding of the client target groups, including indigenous and cultural groups
- Knowledge of relevant resources in the community
- Sound understanding of the Principles of Social Justice
- Highly developed organisational skills
- Ability to liaise with individuals at all levels and backgrounds
- Current drivers’ licence and reliable vehicle
- COVID-19 Vaccination
This position is permanent part-time working 28 hours over four days per week.
To apply for this position, please email your Resume, and address the selection criteria, located on our website www.careways.org.au/join-our-team, to HR@careways.org.au.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date, so apply today!
Closing Date: 16th December 2021
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- How many years' experience do you have as a Community Programs Officer?
- Which of the following First Aid accreditations do you currently hold?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Have you completed a qualification in community services?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.