Customer Service Officer - Duties & Debt Management Branch, Melbourne - Fixed Term
- Multiple fixed term roles (up to 30 June 2022)
- Salary $54,755 plus 10% superannuation - VPS Grade 2
- Based in Melbourne CBD
- Flexible working arrangements with work from home opportunities
The State Revenue Office
As the Victorian Government's revenue management agency, we administer a range of taxes, duties, levies, grants and subsidies. Committed to excellence, customer service and developing our people, we offer a collaborative and rewarding culture valuing teamwork and high performance. Find out more at www.sro.vic.gov.au.
Often the first point of contact for customers, these interesting and rewarding roles are responsible for providing excellent customer service and debt recovery.
These roles support the administration of various revenue lines, including updating and maintaining the customer database, supporting effective and efficient customer services, debt recovery and reaching agreed key performance indicator targets.
Reporting to a Team Leader, you will be responsible for:
- Communicating with customers via phone, email, and at times, other types of correspondence.
- Performing debt recovery and customer service tasks that support revenue collection.
- Working with customers to negotiate debt payment arrangements.
- Achieving agreed performance targets and supporting business objectives.
The ideal candidate
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Experience in customer service or debt collection.
- A passion and commitment for delivering quality customer service.
- The ability to operate in a fast-paced, result-oriented environment where you are expected to demonstrate a capacity to resolve debts and achieve outcomes.
- A team focus, with strong computer literacy skills.
To be considered for this role you must submit a:
- cover letter
- completed application form addressing specified Key Selection Criteria (attached to this job as a Word document), and
- current resume
via this website by 11.59pm on 9 December 2021.
Please read the position description or contact Gaurav Shaha, Duties and Debt Management Branch Manager, on 03 9628 0061.
If you need a copy of this advertisement and attachments in an accessible format, such as large print, please email email@example.com.
- If you don't submit all the required documents, you may not be considered for the role.
- As part of our selection process, we conduct pre-appointment checks including those related to references, identity, qualifications, work history, work visa, and police record history.
- There may be a probation review.
- These roles are being advertised internally via the Job Skills Exchange and externally.
- If you are viewing this advertisement on Seek, the position description and application form are available via the ‘Apply Now' or ‘Apply on Company Site' buttons.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.