- Kingsgrove location
- On site parking
- Staff discounts
Fackelmann Housewares is a leading supplier of housewares products in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore & the UK, and forms part of the international network of Fackelmann Brands. We market and distribute a broad assortment of tools & gadgets, cutlery, knives, bakeware and glassware under our iconic brands like Wiltshire, Stanley Rogers, Furi,Luigi Bormioli, Wüsthof, Leifheit, Soehnle,Dr.Oetker, Zenker,Fackelmann, Totally Bamboo and Primula.
About the Role
We have an opportunity for an experienced Finance Manager to join our group finance team based in Kingsgrove, reporting to the Group CFO with dotted line reporting to Fackelmann CEO.
We are currently looking for a hands-on Finance Manager to drive and support our business growth.
Main responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Oversee all accounting and finance aspects for the following two entities: Facklemann Houseware and Smart Brands.
- Supervise and manage the accounts receivable team, subsidiary accountant and outsourced accounting team (which include financial reporting, treasury and payroll).
- Plan and execute the transition of outsourced accounting team to inhouse accounting team.
- Prepare monthly reporting package for Fackelmann Houseware and Smart Brands including Balance Sheet, P&L and Commentary on the results. Present the results to Group CFO.
- Assist with preparing budgets, review results and compare to budget where required.
- Prepare monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Prepare daily cash forecast and monthly cash forecast (6 months rolling).
- Manage company hedging strategy and facilitate contract purchases.
- Liaise with related parties to ensure balances are reconciled. Assist Group CFO in liaising with intercompany sourcing house to ensure cash flow is managed adequately for both parties.
Manage Accounts Receivable Function:
- Review monthly ageing accounts receivable listing. Discuss with the team on recovery and strategy.
- Review rebate & claim reconciliation and process
- Provide ad hoc support to assist with recovery of debt where necessary.
- Review new credit application credit ratings.
- Register PPSR on new customers.
- Assist with reconciliation for certain customers
- Manage Accounts Payable Function:
- Review weekly payment runs.
- Review credit card reconciliation and approve for payment.
- Assist Group CFO with the transition from in-house payroll to outsource payroll system.
- Prepare annual FBT return.
- Prepare and lodge monthly BAS.
- Assist Tax agent with the preparation and lodgement of annual income tax returns.
- Prepare and lodge monthly payroll tax.
- Prepare royalties payment schedule.
- Check daily sales and inventory balances, discuss with stakeholders on any major variances.
- Prepare all information required for annual insurance review (Credit Insurance and General Insurance etc).
- Annual Audit: oversee the audit process, review consolidated Financial Report, mapping of Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss and Cash Flow. Prepare discounted cash flow on intangible assets (three major brands).
- Assist with Ad hoc projects.
Skills and experience (Must be able to clearly demonstrate the following attributes)
- More than 5 years experiences in financial management role, must have FMCG or wholesaling industry experience.
- Must be degree qualified and CA/CPA qualified.
- Strong leadership skill with a dedication to drive and achieve the results and value great teamwork
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient Excel and modelling skills.
- Proven skills in defining, prioritising and organising competing tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure.
If this is the opportunity you have been looking for, please apply via the link
- How many years of accounting experience do you have?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.