In line with the Bank’s growth strategy, a position of Chief Executive Officer has become available in its Sydney office. Reporting to the Chief General Manager, International Banking Division (Senior Officer Outside Australia), you will be taking the position of Chief Executive Officer for its operation in Australia.
The role is responsible for the implementation of the Branch’s business strategy, the management of the Branch, its performance and ensuring business operations are within the risk appetite of both the Branch and the Bank. This role has a credit and operational delegations.
The major duties of the role include
- Overall management of the Branch including providing leadership and clear strategic direction.
- Delivery of Branch’s revenue and business objectives.
- Implementation of the business plan within the Branch’s risk appetite.
- Implementation of the Branch’s risk management policies and procedures. This includes review and recommendation on the Branch’s policies and procedures for Head Office/Board approval.
- Review and approve (within delegated authority) of proposed exceptions to policies.
- Approval of loans within the CEO’s delegation and forwarding the loan proposal beyond the delegation of CEO to GM, International Banking Division.
- To have a close client contact and strong relationships with regulatory bodies and auditors.
- Ensure relevant training is available to staff to maintain/develop relevant competencies.
- Chair of the Branch Asset and Liability Committee (ALCO), Credit Approval Grid and the Operational Risk Management Committee.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
- Post Graduate / Graduate (preferably in financial discipline e.g. economics, commerce, business, accounting or equivalent)
- JAIIB & CAIIB qualified (Course of Indian Institute of Banking and Finance) or equivalent
- A minimum 10 years’ management experience in a senior management capacity in the Bank, preferably with Indian Banks experience, with working knowledge of Finacle and experience in Banking operations, Balance Sheet Management, Loan underwriting, trade credit viz Buyers/suppliers credit and handling of export and import documents.
- Understanding Reserve Bank of India guidelines
- Has a background in the financial area including financial analysis, financial reporting, asset/liability management with understanding of the following:
- Principles and techniques for interest rate risk management, liquidity/investment management, credit risk management, and operations risk management; and
- Capital and money markets including the treasury debt markets.
- Experience with sales/marketing and has demonstrated commercial acumen.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and relationship building skills.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Ability to make strategic decisions.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Excellent computer skills and adequate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of Hindi language is highly regarded.
Please note candidate must be able to meet the APRA requirements relating to FIT and Proper.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.