Job no: 0047482
Work type: Fixed Term
Division/Faculty: Faculty of Science
Department/School: School of Mathematics and Statistics
Salary: $69,365 - $73,618 (UOM 4)
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - Full time - 17% super
Founded in 1853, the University of Melbourne is Australia’s #1 university and is consistently ranked amongst the leading universities in the world. We are proud of our people, our commitment to research and teaching excellence, and our global engagement.
About School of Mathematics and Statistics
The University of Melbourne's School of Mathematics and Statistics is one of Australia's leading mathematics and statistics schools. It has achieved this status through the high quality of its research and teaching programs. The School offers a wide range of subjects to undergraduate and postgraduate students and is involved in aspects of community life that impact on the interests of the School and the discipline.
The School of Mathematics and Statistics has a total of 70 continuing teaching and/or research staff; 34 research only staff and consultants; 16 academic specialists and 16 support staff. The School has over 240 casual and honorary staff. In 2020, there were 90 Research Higher Degree and 278 Coursework Master of Science students. Five members of the School staff and one Emeritus Professor are members of the Academy of Science.
About the Role
The Administration Officer position is responsible for providing high quality professional support to students, staff and the general public of the School of Mathematics and Statistics. They are responsible for a wide range of administrative tasks including reception duties, general office support, processing and managing requests, maintaining databases, supporting EH&S compliance and supporting event and visitor processes.
The Administration Officer receives general direction from the School Operations Manager and works collaboratively with other members of the School’s administration team. The incumbent completes required tasks, prioritising as necessary, and communicates effectively with stakeholders.
The Administration Officer works within the framework of University and School policy. The incumbent will apply their analytical skills to solve a wide range of general tasks or inquires raised by staff and students but will exercise judgement in seeking assistance with more complex or unusual demands. A degree of judgement is also required to determine work methods and task sequence within specified timelines and standard practices and procedures.
The incumbent also requires a considerable degree of tact, diplomacy and maturity to communicate with a wide range of clients including prospective students, enrolled students, school administrative and academic staff, University Services staff and members of the general public.
You will have:
- Completion of a relevant diploma qualification combined with relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to deal with a range of people both within and outside the University
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to provide accurate and informed advice
- Experience in providing administrative/secretarial support
- Demonstrated outstanding computer skills, including the Microsoft suite
- Exceptional organisational skills and the demonstrated ability to evaluate and prioritise tasks and manage time effectively
- Demonstrated self-motivation and flexibility in responding to changing work priorities, with the capacity to work independently and as a member of a team
- Demonstrated ability to work with people from diverse cultural backgrounds
Benefits of Working with Us
In addition to having the opportunity to grow and be challenged, and to be part of vibrant campus life, our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits:
- Flexible working arrangements and generous personal, parental and cultural leave options
- Competitive remuneration, 17% super, salary packaging and leave loading
- Free and subsidised health and wellbeing services, and access to fitness and cultural clubs
- Discounts on a wide range of products and services including Myki cards and Qantas Club
- Career development opportunities and 25% off graduate courses for staff and their immediate families
To find out more, please visit https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers.
Be Yourself @ UoM
We recognise that our employees are at the core of all our successes and achievements. We value the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community, and we encourage and celebrate diversity. We promote inclusive behaviour, and we actively seek to learn from each other. Indigenous Australians are strongly encouraged to apply for our roles.
If you feel this role is right for you, please submit your application including a brief cover letter, your resume and your responses against the selection criteria* (found in the Position Description) for the role.
*For information to help you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria and competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
Should you require any reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org.Position Description: 0047482_Administation Officer_PD.pdf
Applications close: 09 Dec 2021 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.