EDUCATION ASSISTANT/NOTETAKER –
For children. For families. For the Community.
Telethon Speech & Hearing (TSH) is a Western Australian not-for-profit organisation, registered charity, independent school and NDIS provider that has helped children with speech, language and hearing difficulties lead fulfilling lives since 1966.
Telethon Speech & Hearing is a proud Western Australian success story. The only one of its kind in Australia, Telethon Speech & Hearing brings together a range of interconnected services for children with hearing loss and/or language difficulties to support them and their families. Unique in our approach, Telethon Speech & Hearing provides a range of diagnostic, therapeutic and education services to empower children to hear, communicate, connect, and learn.
About the Role
We are seeking a passionate and nurturing Education Assistant/Notetaker to provide support to high school students in our Outpost Program. The responsibilities of this role include taking accurate notes for high school students to ensure that they are able to participate as fully as possible in classroom learning and activities.
Our Outpost Program provides comprehensive in-school support for students with hearing loss from Kindergarten to Year 12 at our partner primary and secondary schools around the Perth Metropolitan area. The program is designed for students who use oral communication to maximise their active participation in mainstream schools.
Our program consists of a multi-disciplinary team including teachers of the deaf, psychologists, speech pathologists, audiologists, occupational therapists, note takers and education assistants.
This is a permanent full time position based in one of partner our Outpost Schools south of the river (Cockburn area).
To be successful in this role, you will have the following:
- Ability to accurately note take for high school students
- Experience in a similar role providing support to children with special needs
- A Certificate lll and/or Certificate lV in Education Support
- The ability to create an inclusive and caring classroom environment that recognises every person’s unique talents and fosters positive outcomes
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills to enable professional interaction with a range of people including families
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a collaborative, multi–disciplinary team
- A current Working with Children Check and Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check
Telethon Speech & Hearing is committed to providing a child safe environment and promoting practices which provide for the safety, wellbeing and welfare of our children, clients and families. Therefore, in addition to the above selection criteria, short listed applicants will also be assessed against their ability to support and maintain a child safe environment.
At Telethon Speech & Hearing, you will find an environment that is welcoming, inclusive, supportive and fun, where our employees take pride in the work they undertake, the relationships that they build and the difference they make in the lives of the children and families we support.
We offer a competitive remuneration package including access to generous salary packaging, paid parental leave and an employee assistance program, as well as the opportunity to work alongside our passionate and diverse team of professionals.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact Janene Hall, Principal, on 0467 067 505.
To apply, please submit your application via SEEK by 9am Friday, 3rd December 2021.
In addition to this role, we are also recruiting for part time Education Assistants in the Perth’s northern and eastern suburbs. Please view our other advert on SEEK for further information.
TSH is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and people with disabilities.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- Have you completed a qualification in education support?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.