Location: Perth, WA
Type: Permanent, full time position
Your part in a changing world
At QBE, we’re driven by our purpose – to give people the confidence to achieve their ambitions.
We are an international insurer and reinsurer offering a diverse portfolio of commercial, personal and specialty products, as well as risk management solutions. Our product portfolio includes property, motor, crop, energy, marine and aviation. We employ a team of more than 11,800 people, in 27 countries around the world.
About your Opportunity
Our aspiration is to provide a world class claims service by seeking out the best way to help our customers during their time of need, whether it’s having their home burgled or suffering a catastrophic loss to their property. The start of this journey is to build Australia’s most respected property claims team and to do this we recognise that we must invest in our people.
We are looking for an experienced Claims Officer who has managed end-to-end claims. Ideally, this individual has experience within Property Claims.
You will be providing delivery of superior claims service, determining proper policy coverage to conclude, investigate, evaluate and negotiate assigned cases.
This role will be managing both Commercial and Domestic Claims and will be primarily Property Claims however some Motor may be involved.
What does success look like for you?
We are looking for a solutions focused individual, who pride themselves on providing an exceptional customer experience at every point of contact. Self-motivated individuals who maintain these levels of excellence through times of change and show resilience in the face of a challenge.
You will possess:
- Previous experience as a Claims Officer I advantageous
- An insurance background where you have provided a world class customer service experience
- A strong focus on customer service with the ability to build rapport over the phone and handle varying customer expectations and demands
- A highly empathetic approach to dealing with customers, possessing the ability to be friendly yet professional
- Self-motivated with excellent organisational skill
We are here to support you
We value our employee’s experience with us and are proud to have been recognised for the following awards:
- 2021 LinkedIn Top Employer and HRD Employer of Choice
- Ranked 6th place in the AAGE Top Graduate Employers 2021 as voted by graduates
- 2020 Best Workplace Diversity & Inclusion and Excellence Award for Best Health & Wellbeing at the Australian HR Awards
- Top 20 Workplaces for Dads in 2019 and 2020 (HBF Direct Advice for Dads)
- Gold Employer status in both the 2019 and 2020 Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) – the definitive national benchmark on LGBTI workplace inclusion.
We offer a range of benefits to help provide holistic support for your work life, whatever your circumstance. As a QBE employee, we will offer you:
- ‘Hybrid Working’ – a mix of working in the office and at home to enhance your work/life balance
- Our ‘At My Best’ wellbeing program
- Access to ‘Share the Care’ – 12 weeks’ gender-equal flexible leave for all new parents, including paid superannuation
- The ability to maximise retirement savings through voluntary super contributions and company matching
- Income protection insurance and reimbursed Death and Total Permanent Disability insurance premiums
- Access to REACH My Best - free holistic wellbeing coaching, nutritional, financial and legal advice, and confidential counselling
- Access to Family and Domestic Violence leave and support through QBE’s Family Domestic Violence First Responder Network
- A sustained commitment to Reconciliation, having launched our first Reconciliation Action Plan in 2015
- Discounts on insurance products, car hire, hotels, goods and services
- Benefits through our various sports and arts sponsorship partners such as free and discounted tickets.
Click APPLY to submit your application. Successful applicants will need to complete work rights, police and credit checks through our online provider as a condition of employment.
QBE takes a risk and compliance approach to vaccination and strongly encourages our employees to be vaccinated. All roles in Victoria and Northern Territory require full COVID-19 vaccination and for vaccination status to be maintained in line with government requirements. Other roles may also require that full vaccination status be maintained. We will ask you to share your status as part of the application process. We won’t be able to progress with applications where candidates choose not to disclose their status for roles that require vaccination in line with our risk and compliance approach.
QBE recognise the value of diverse perspectives and experience. We are committed to an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected for who they are. If we can provide support with access requirements, alternative work arrangements or you would like to connect with one of our networks please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.