Financial Accountant - Premium Interiors Product - Xero Experience
We are a dynamic and growing company with a premium product in the architecture, interior design and building space. We play a key role in the design foundations of some awe-inspiring residential and commercial projects in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and beyond. We have beautiful award-winning showrooms and are a privately owned Australian company looking to open more showrooms across Australia, with long-term goals to operate overseas.
Following significant growth, we are now seeking an experienced Financial Accountant to join the business to further build the capability of the financial management team. This role offers brilliant long-term potential and a strong package of benefits including ongoing professional development. We are looking for someone who has excellent analytical skills and enjoys working in a challenging and fast-paced environment to support this exciting company's continued success.
About the role
Reporting to the CFO and working directly with other departments of the business, you will play a "hands-on" role in managing both the day to day activities and the end to end accounting and reporting for the group.
You will assist in month-end closing including meeting month-end deadlines for closing sub-ledgers and general ledgers, ensuring all month-end adjustments are captured and all monthly schedules (balance sheet reconciliations and profit and loss reports) are submitted on a timely basis.
You will also be involved with the re-development of our inventory management processes and CRM.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Full function Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Fortnightly payroll processing
- Preparation of weekly cash flow statements and forecasts
- Running the month-end processes, including bank and credit card reconciliations
- Managing the monthly accruals process and preparing balance sheet reconciliations
- Assisting in the preparation of the management reporting pack
- Assisting with BAS reporting
- Stocktake and inventory reconciliations
- Maintenance of the Fixed Asset Register;
- Monitor transactional finance areas such as AP, banking, payroll, corporate cards to ensure efficient processing and highlight any areas for improvement;
- Assist with maintenance of banking relationships, financing facilities, security structures and covenant reporting;
Along with working with a reputable business, you will be rewarded with an opportunity to work within a dynamic and fast-paced environment where you will enjoy functioning within a role that offers the opportunity to grow and develop.
An attractive package is available and will be paid commensurate to the successful applicant's experience, qualifications and personal attributes.
Skills and experience
- CA/CPA qualified or near completion
- Demonstrated financial accounting/audit experience coupled with strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Experience using Xero and Salesforce with good understanding of governance, internal controls and Australian accounting standards
- 3-5 years' experience working as a Financial Accountant in the construction and/or production/manufacturing sectors is highly desirable
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to work under pressure, analyse critically and work effectively under limited supervision
- An ability to engage and work closely with business/functions and collaborate effectively with peers and internal/external stakeholders
- An ability to manage and prioritise work activities to meet finance team deadlines
- Proficiency in MS Office skills, particularly Microsoft excel
If you are excited by what you have read, please include a brief cover letter with your CV including your current availability, salary expectations and experience. The role is available for an immediate start for the right candidate.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a financial accountant?
- Have you completed a certified practising accountant (CPA) qualification?
- Have you completed a chartered accountant (CA) qualification?
- Which of the following accounting packages are you experienced with?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.