- Permanent part time | 15.2 hours per week
- Monday & Tuesday
- Located in Robertson - Triple Care Farm
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Life at Mission Australia
When you join the team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. United by our Christian purpose and values, we stand together with anyone who needs us, for as long as they need us. Find out more about us and our purpose.
Triple Care Farm is located on 110 acres in the NSW Southern Highlands and accepts referrals from young people Australia wide.
We provide assessment, treatment and intervention for young people between the ages of 16-24 participating in the residential rehabilitation and treatment program. The withdrawal program supports young people for up to 28 days, providing supervised withdrawal and a range of holistic supports and therapies
You will be engaging with young people and their family to provide information and promote the services provided by Triple Care Farm.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Review incoming enquiries and applications for admission to the programs
- Liaise with relevant parties to gain information to assess admission suitability
- Book in initial assessments, co-ordinate staff to complete assessments
- Confirm commencement of program with young people and relevant stakeholders
- Complete participant files for all new clients and maintain accurate record keeping
- Complete the admissions process for client commencing the program
- Actively participate in regular supervision sessions to ensure quality of practice
- Submit completed monthly statistics along with any other relevant information
Requirements for Success
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (Social Work, Diploma Youth Work, Diploma Community Services)
- A comprehensive understanding of the issues and needs of the service users
- Extensive experience working in the specialised AOD service sector
- Proven experience in case management and networking with other agencies
- Holds a current First Aid Certificate
- A current NSW driver’s license
- Evidence of Covid 19 Vaccination
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Our innovative and inclusive culture will ensure you feel valued at Mission Australia as you help Australians in need and develop in your career.
We’re committed to the safety and wellbeing of each other and the people we serve.
We recognise and respect diversity. So, whoever you are, if you’re skilled and actively support our purpose and values, you would be welcome at Mission Australia.
Find out more about a career with Mission Australia.
We encourage applications from people with disability and Indigenous Australians.
If you have a disability and need support to submit your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rewarding work – every day you know you’re making a real difference
- Not-for-profit salary packaging, reducing your tax (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with health insurance and major retailers
- Free external, confidential counselling and access to chaplaincy support.
How to apply
View the Position Description via Intake Support Worker - Non People Leader PD 2020.docx and click “Apply now”. We will respond to your application.
Applications are shortlisted as they are received. Please apply as soon as possible to be considered. Thank you
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.